Favorite Characters on TV - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Favorite Characters on TV

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby cordscords » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:25 am

I was just listing off my favorites, and looking for other characters that people enjoy watching.

As far as Scrubs being overrated, they show has never gotten fantastic ratings. IMO it's extremely underrated.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:27 am

Coppermine wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i dont even really watch that many current running shows and if i do, i catch them in passing...for example, from that list, ive only watched curb and entourage...

Then you're not missing much; if all you watch is HBO, that's all you need :-D

But The Office and Studio 60 (if you're an SNL fan) is worth checking out.

ive heard a lot of great things about the office, and im a steve carrell fan, just never caught it when it was on...

You would love it at an HBO fan. And I should not that Johnny Drama is the best neurotic character on TV since George Costanza..l. when he makes a stink about "replenishing his fluids" when going into the Valley, I couldn't help but relate.

Yes v'e been drinking.

i KNEW IT!!

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:27 am

cordscords wrote:I was just listing off my favorites, and looking for other characters that people enjoy watching.

As far as Scrubs being overrated, they show has never gotten fantastic ratings. IMO it's extremely underrated.

i say its overrated; it's the only show you metioned that i could leave in a "take it or leave it" battle. It used be on druring House, and House was a suprieor showl.... I might watdch it now that it'as being moveid to Thruday nights
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby cordscords » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:36 am

Coppermine wrote:
cordscords wrote:I was just listing off my favorites, and looking for other characters that people enjoy watching.

i say its overrated; it's the only show you metioned that i could leave in a "take it or leave it" battle. It used be on druring House, and House was a suprieor showl.... I might watdch it now that it'as being moveid to Thruday nights

Well I'm a guy who strictly watches comedies (as you can see by the list, with Studio 60 being the only show with regular drama) so I'm firmly set in my ways that any comedy beats out shows like House, Desperate Housewives, 24, etc.

Though I have seen a few episodes of House, and seen other films that Hugh Laurie has been in, he does an excellent job on the show.

And if I had to choose just one from my list, which is really tough, it would probably be Piven. With McGinley being a very, very, very close second.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

Postby Coppermine » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:41 am

cordscords wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Well I'm a guy who strictly watches comedies (as you can see by the list, with Studio 60 being the only show with regular drama) so I'm firmly set in my ways that any comedy beats out shows like House, Desperate Housewives, 24, etc.

Though I have seen a few episodes of House, and seen other films that Hugh Laurie has been in, he does an excellent job on the show.

And if I had to choose just one from my list, which is really tough, it would probably be Piven. With McGinley being a very, very, very close second.

I'm sure McGinley can be hilarious, but some of the comments House makes can be pretty hilarious too. It's not really strictly a drama, which is good because any shot that takes itself too seriously can be pretty boring (like Jericho, which I watch religiouslY... they call it the "republican lost"). Anyway, depserate houseeive is a comedy from I understand, but I don't watch it so I wouldn't know.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RugbyD » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:30 am

Denny Crane.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:15 am

Peter Griffin.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:24 am

The character Tony Kornheiser plays on PTI.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby BritSox » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:39 am

Coppermine wrote:

I'm not really into House. Scrubs, as stated before, I love, as do most of my friends. The interesting thing is, the Zach Braff character isn't the favorite of anyone i know. I like the Robert Maschio (sp?) character, my kid sister loves the Judy Reyes one, one of my friends really likes McGinley's, and a couple others like Neil Flynn's.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby ThatDude » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:01 am

Lofunzo wrote:Peter Griffin.

Yeah.

Also, Stephen Colbert and Captain Murphy.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk