Is The Break Up a Chick Flick? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Is The Break Up a Chick Flick?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

yes or no

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes : 20

Is The Break Up a Chick Flick?

Postby RyanK » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:58 am

Me and my friend are watching it now.. its pretty funny...
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:52 am

I vote yes although I haven't seen it yet. I call it a chick flick couples can watch together guilt free. Anything could be worse. Just look at "Just Like Heaven."
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:56 am

I watched it and thought it was pretty good. Vaughn made the movie...there were alot of funny parts.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby nsulham » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:38 am

I was skeptical going in but because my girlfriend LOVES Jennifer Aniston (quick sidenote: Ask any woman alive who they side with in the whole Aniston/Pitt/Jolie thing and they'll all tell you Aniston. They HATE Jolie for breaking up Brad and Jen) I figured I'd bite the bullet and man up.

Gotta say it wasn't as bad as I thought. I knew as long as VV was in it I had a chance and the opportunity to see Aniston's bare ass wasn't too bad either so all in all I came away no worse for ware ;-D

You can't lose with a movie like this guys. It's not atrocious enough that you can't at least somewhat enjoy it, PLUS you get bonus points from the woman for sitting through it. And like that dude from the Citi commerical says, bonus points are rewarding....very, very, very rewarding!
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Coppermine » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:41 am

nsulham wrote:I was skeptical going in but because my girlfriend LOVES Jennifer Aniston (quick sidenote: Ask any woman alive who they side with in the whole Aniston/Pitt/Jolie thing and they'll all tell you Aniston. They HATE Jolie for breaking up Brad and Jen) I figured I'd bite the bullet and man up.

That's an interesting point that someone should probably write a book about, or at least a chapter in a book about what makes women irrational. I asked my girlfriend, self-proclaimed pop culture non-participant and she went with exactly what you said.

You see, these women don't really like Jennifer Aniston... they like "Rachel from Friends." They like her hair, her wit and her down-to-earth way of dealing with the sometimes irrational Ross. Realize something gentleman, to almost every woman out there, we are Ross. That, or they're just wishing we were more like John Cusack in "Say Anything."

I should rent "The Good Girl" where Aniston plays a woman who has sex with teenage cashier Jake Gyllenhall. Or, then, maybe women will just start wishing we're all Jake Brokeback Mountain Gyllenhall. Suck; we can't win guys.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ThatDude » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:50 am

Coppermine wrote:You see, these women don't really like Jennifer Aniston... they like "Rachel from Friends."

No wonder every chick looks at me sideways when I say I've seen about 15 minutes of Friends in my life, and that's just the buildup from all the few second bits I've caught over years of channel surfing.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ironman » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:53 am

I would definitely not recommend this as a "date movie". That might be uncomfortable.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:00 pm

I avoid anything that's a romantic comedy like the plague, but I suppose it appears like a chick flick...although the folks who have seen this are in a better position to make a call on it.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:14 pm

It's definitely a chick flick. Nothing wrong with that though. One of my favorite movies, Amelie, is a major chick flick. The Break-up sucked IMO. There are a few minutes of Vaughn brilliance but halfway through it degrades into a Lifetime movie and gets way too full of itself.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:22 pm

No way is it a chick-flick, RyanK. Don't worry about it.

Just sit back, loosen your bra straps and grab a Virginia Slim out of your purse, and enjoy the film. It doesn't make you less of a man.

Enjoy your movie and flirtini!
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to General Talk