Lars Anderson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Lars Anderson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lars Anderson

Postby Savoy Special » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:59 pm

What is the story on him? Is he with the Red Sox or did he choose college? Any projections on him or thoughts?
Savoy Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigboy1234 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:25 pm

He signed with Boston back in August I believe.

Scouting Report: Large, powerful slugger with high power ceiling. Athletic for his size, plays first base well. Likely would have been an early-to-mid second round pick if not for high bonus demands.

MLB Comparison: Justin Morneau
bigboy1234
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Eagle Eye

Postby Savoy Special » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:34 pm

I don't see any minor league stats on him. Did he sign late and just not play anywhere all year? Did he play any fall baseball anywhere?
Savoy Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shortsavage » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:53 pm

I believe Lars Anderson began his professional career this fall in the instructional leagues.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby bigboy1234 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:34 pm

http://www.sonsofsamhorn.net/wiki/index ... s_Anderson

I can't find any stats on him either, but I'm sure he's playing somewhere.
bigboy1234
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Eagle Eye

Postby bigken117 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:33 am

Anderson ranks #5 of BA's top 10 Sox prospects so I assume that means they signed him ;-D

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby thedude » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:08 pm

Everyone thought he was going to go to college, which is why he fell to the 17th round. which is also why he signed late. It was actually a mild surprise he signed at all.

Anderson has great tools, but is unproven. It will be interesting watching his first proseason.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigken117 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:15 pm

thedude wrote:Anderson has great tools, but is unproven. It will be interesting watching his first proseason.

BA says he has the most power in the Sox farm system.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby thomasps3 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:20 pm

That is not saying much. In recent years, the Sox have devoted entirely too many resources to the Dustin Pedroia's of the world, who in my estimation are nothing more than bottom of the lineup filler if they make it to the majors. However, they have also devoted much of their recent drafts to the development of a pitching system, and BA has also taken note of that....they were rated with the best draft in 2006 by BA, and that makes me extreeeeely happy!!!!!!

Go Lars!
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby thedude » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:43 pm

thomasps3 wrote:That is not saying much. In recent years, the Sox have devoted entirely too many resources to the Dustin Pedroia's of the world, who in my estimation are nothing more than bottom of the lineup filler if they make it to the majors. However, they have also devoted much of their recent drafts to the development of a pitching system, and BA has also taken note of that....they were rated with the best draft in 2006 by BA, and that makes me extreeeeely happy!!!!!!

Go Lars!

Dustin Pedroia was a mid second round pick (around fifty). The fact that he is a good defensive middle infielder and can get on base make him a solid pick.

The Red Sox have been concentrating on draft young power arms. Their philosphy is that the more young power pitchers they have in the minors the less often they have to give guys like matt clement 25 million dollars.

Lars was a great pick. Hopefully he can live up to his tools and be a middle of the order hitter by 2010.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball