Ok boys need your help.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Ok boys need your help....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ok boys need your help....

Postby KDOGG » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:16 pm

I've come up with a list for my upcoming minor league draft of the top 30 hitters and the top 30 pitchers that will not be starting the year off in the majors. This is my first attempt at any list like this so all of your guys opinions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Hitters
Alex Gordon
Cameron Maybin
Billy Butler
Brandon Wood
Justin Upton
Evan Longoria
Andrew McCutchen
Jay Bruce
Carlos Gonzalez
Matt Kemp
Jose Tabata
Reid Brignac
Fernando Martinez
James Loney
Andy LaRoche
Elijah Dukes
Hunter Pence
Ryan Braun
Adam Lind
Jacoby Ellsbury
Joey Votto
Jeff Clement
Carlos Gomez
Josh Fields
Felix Pie
Colby Rasmus
Daric Barton
Travis Snider
Eric Aybar
Billy Rowell
Trevor Crowe
Jarrod Saltalamacchia

Pitchers
Homer Bailey
Phillip Hughes
Yovani Gallardo
Scott Elbert
Andrew Miller
Tim Lincecum
Mike Pelfrey
Luke Hochevar
Jeff Niemann
Nick Adenhardt
Will Inman
Donald Veal
Jason Hirsch
Clayton Kershaw
Kevin Slowey
Carlos Carrasco
John Danks
Craig Hansen
Chuck Lofgren
Humberto Sanchez
Clay Buchholz
Jacob Mcgee
Troy Patton
Sean Gallagher
Brad Lincoln
Mark Rogers
Chris Volstad
Gio Gonzalez
Mark Pawelek
Anthony Swarzak
Micah Owings
Brandon Erbe

Made some changes...


I am curious as to what you guys think.
Last edited by KDOGG on Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1133
Joined: 1 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On top of the AL East like always baby!!

Postby bigboy1234 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:43 pm

Are you sure Lind and Hirsh won't be starting? Kemp and Loney aren't even a prospects anymore, but I guess he may not have to for your draft.

If these are suppose to be in order, Braun definetly needs to be ahead of Fields. Really I just don't feel like going through all those players too.

Also not sure if you've ever heard of Will Inman, but he should definitely be on the pitchers list.
bigboy1234
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Eagle Eye
Posts: 54
Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shortsavage » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:46 am

Bump Craig Hansen, Clay Bucholtz, and Humberto Sanchez down a lot and move Donnie Veal up and I'd say you're on the right track.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2946
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UC Davis

Postby KDOGG » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:52 pm

bigboy1234 wrote:Are you sure Lind and Hirsh won't be starting? Kemp and Loney aren't even a prospects anymore, but I guess he may not have to for your draft.

If these are suppose to be in order, Braun definetly needs to be ahead of Fields. Really I just don't feel like going through all those players too.

Also not sure if you've ever heard of Will Inman, but he should definitely be on the pitchers list.


who may not have to ??? lol are you trying to confuse me? doesn't make sense to me but I'll remark on your other comments.

To be honest I think Fields and Braun are close and I think it's a preference as to which one you rank higher. Thats why they are right next to each other in the rankings because I really didn't know which one I wanted to rank higher. Fields will defeniately make a quicker impact on the bigs and thats why I have him higher.

Yes I have heard of Will Inman and I like him alot but you really think he's a top 30 pitcher?? Not me not yet
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1133
Joined: 1 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On top of the AL East like always baby!!

Postby KDOGG » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:54 pm

shortsavage wrote:Bump Craig Hansen, Clay Bucholtz, and Humberto Sanchez down a lot and move Donnie Veal up and I'd say you're on the right track.


Short Savage I was hoping you'd reply. Besides alittle pitcher adjustment, is their any other moves you would make with these rankings? Do you think Will Inman should be in the top 30?
I'm curious to hear what else you think.
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1133
Joined: 1 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On top of the AL East like always baby!!

Postby shortsavage » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:19 pm

I don't think Fields is even on the same tier as Braun, let alone right next to him.

Will Inman is a top 20 pitcher in my mind.

And if you're going to target Mark Rogers or Mark Pawelek (especially Pawelek) make sure that you balance them will some safe options.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2946
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UC Davis

Postby bigboy1234 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:47 pm

KDOGG wrote:
bigboy1234 wrote:Are you sure Lind and Hirsh won't be starting? Kemp and Loney aren't even a prospects anymore, but I guess he may not have to for your draft.

If these are suppose to be in order, Braun definetly needs to be ahead of Fields. Really I just don't feel like going through all those players too.

Also not sure if you've ever heard of Will Inman, but he should definitely be on the pitchers list.


who may not have to ??? lol are you trying to confuse me? doesn't make sense to me but I'll remark on your other comments.

To be honest I think Fields and Braun are close and I think it's a preference as to which one you rank higher. Thats why they are right next to each other in the rankings because I really didn't know which one I wanted to rank higher. Fields will defeniately make a quicker impact on the bigs and thats why I have him higher.

Yes I have heard of Will Inman and I like him alot but you really think he's a top 30 pitcher?? Not me not yet

I meant to type they were I typed he.

Braun is clearly better than Fields in my opinion. Also Wood should probably be your 2nd best position player. Upton should be ahead of Longoria. Also I personally feel Hughes is better than Bailey but it can go either way I guess. Inman should definitely be on that list he's probably better than half of them. Also move Kershaw up to behind Hirsh, he's a lefty who has impressed me a ton so far.

Also some others that may belong on your list Adam Miller(pretty sure he'll start in AAA), Elvis Andrus, Salty(maybe), Travis Buck, Philip Humber(may start with Mets not sure), Nolan Reimold(maybe), and Ian Stewart.
bigboy1234
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Eagle Eye
Posts: 54
Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KDOGG » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:05 pm

Thanks for your replies guys I really appreciate it.

BB - Don't you think Miller and Humber will start in the bigs?
I don't think Salty or Andrus qualify to be top 30. Maybe Salty but I dunno how I feel about having 2 catchers in my top 30. I think Andrus is overrated. I'm not real high on Reimold, Buck, or Stewart either but I see that they should def. be granted consideration.


Thanks for your replies guys take a look I made some more changes.
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1133
Joined: 1 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On top of the AL East like always baby!!


Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact