Black friday. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Black friday.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby daullaz » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:48 am

Madison wrote:
daullaz wrote:I wouldn't mind the employees getting good deals if the store has enough stock for the public. But some of these stores only carry a low quantity of products with the best deals. If employees snatch up ALL of the stock, it's not fair to the people that come to the store because of that specific deal that was advertised.

If there's 50 of something, let the employees get 10 of them, that's fine. But if there's five of something and the employees buy all five before the store opens, don't you think there's something wrong with that?

I agree that the stores shouldn't go overboard with it. Like in your example, if they've got 5, all 5 shouldn't go to employees.

Something to remember though is that any store that does go overboard will lose sales, as the customers know they won't be able to get what they want at that particular store. Which means they won't go there next year. ;-)

Well, I hope you're right, but I don't count on the American consumer to have that great a long-term memory. Throw something shiny at them next year and they'll be back, regardless of what happened this year.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 116)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:55 am

daullaz wrote:
Madison wrote:
daullaz wrote:I wouldn't mind the employees getting good deals if the store has enough stock for the public. But some of these stores only carry a low quantity of products with the best deals. If employees snatch up ALL of the stock, it's not fair to the people that come to the store because of that specific deal that was advertised.

If there's 50 of something, let the employees get 10 of them, that's fine. But if there's five of something and the employees buy all five before the store opens, don't you think there's something wrong with that?

I agree that the stores shouldn't go overboard with it. Like in your example, if they've got 5, all 5 shouldn't go to employees.

Something to remember though is that any store that does go overboard will lose sales, as the customers know they won't be able to get what they want at that particular store. Which means they won't go there next year. ;-)

Well, I hope you're right, but I don't count on the American consumer to have that great a long-term memory. Throw something shiny at them next year and they'll be back, regardless of what happened this year.

^ Agreed.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 373)

Postby Madison » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:18 am

bigh0rt wrote:
daullaz wrote:
Madison wrote:

^ Agreed.

Heh, yeah, that's actually a very good point. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk