Black friday. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Black friday.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:31 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I couldn't pay me to go out there.

That's a good thing. :-b

Yeah, I meant 'You'..... :-B
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby daullaz » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:30 pm

I was reading some of the posts at the site that chadlincoln linked, and people were saying that Wal-Mart employees got first crack at the deals. In a lot of places, none of the best deals made it out to the public, employees snatching up all the goodies first.

If that's true, :-t to Wal-Mart.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KPucks » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:44 pm

I went out yesterday at 3am with some friends. We split up between Circuit City, Best Buy, and Radio Shack. I got stuff worth about $500-$600 for $130 total after all the instant savings and rebates. The best deals were 1GB flash drives for $4 and a 250GB external hard drive for $30.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby AcidRock23 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:48 pm

daullaz wrote:I was reading some of the posts at the site that chadlincoln linked, and people were saying that Wal-Mart employees got first crack at the deals. In a lot of places, none of the best deals made it out to the public, employees snatching up all the goodies first.

...and probably putting them on EBay shortly thereafter...it's almost feudal somehow... ;-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:00 pm

daullaz wrote:I was reading some of the posts at the site that chadlincoln linked, and people were saying that Wal-Mart employees got first crack at the deals. In a lot of places, none of the best deals made it out to the public, employees snatching up all the goodies first.

I have no idea of that's true or not, but think about it for a minute. Each and every single Wal-Mart employee (and all retail employees) were required to work during the big sale hours. They could not go out and buy the things they wanted (and not every retail employee is married, or married to someone not in retail sales), so if they got first crack at something their own store was selling, I'm not going to say anything too bad about that.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Old_Style » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:16 pm

Madison wrote:

I have no idea of that's true or not, but think about it for a minute. Each and every single Wal-Mart employee (and all retail employees) were required to work during the big sale hours. They could not go out and buy the things they wanted (and not every retail employee is married, or married to someone not in retail sales), so if they got first crack at something their own store was selling, I'm not going to say anything too bad about that.

i think somebody works at walmart :-?
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:35 pm

a lot of the non-door-buster black friday items were available for online ordering. the only item i found worth buying was 200GB maxtor HD for $20 after rebate at staples.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:00 pm

Old_Style wrote:
Madison wrote:

i think somebody works at walmart :-?

Nope. Never worked for Wal-Mart and no family members have ever worked there. Not that there's anything wrong with working for Wal-Mart of course.

I just see this and wonder why the thumbs down for Wal-Mart? What did the cashier or stock boy at Wal-Mart do that was so bad that they don't deserve to be able to buy something at a good deal? Bad enough that they are forced to work during all of it and missing out, but now the company is wrong for giving them the opportunity if their own store happens to have something they want at a good deal? I just don't get it.

It's not like we're talking about tax breaks for millionaires. We're talking about retail employees who don't make much money, being forced to miss the big sales or lose their jobs. I don't see a huge problem with Wal-Mart or any other retail company giving their employees an opportunity to get something, rather than miss out completely on everything. Does anyone want to work at Wal-Mart now just so they can get a crack at the stuff early? Of course not. This isn't that big of a deal.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:17 pm

Is Black Friday like some big shopping thing? What's the reasoning behind it? Boxing Day at least is a sale of all of the stuff that they didn't sell before Christmas. What's the reasoning behind this Black Friday thing?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:44 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Is Black Friday like some big shopping thing?

Silly Canadian. :-b
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk