Radio Station Already All-Christmas Music - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Radio Station Already All-Christmas Music

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:26 pm

Yeah, I don't get why you need to block it. It's not like you're trying to block it so kids can't listen to it. :-? Just change the station.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:44 pm

WNIC 100.3 FM in Detroit has been playing them since NOV 1st i think :-P
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:44 pm

I'm ready to start a war on Christmas... music. And there's nothing worse than Christmas songs sung by children.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:50 pm

Coppermine wrote:I'm ready to start a war on Christmas... music. And there's nothing worse than Christmas songs sung by children.


Unless those children are your own, or chipmunks. Then it's ok. :-)
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13710
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Building a metric. And being ignorable and stupid.

Postby Coppermine » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:01 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I'm ready to start a war on Christmas... music. And there's nothing worse than Christmas songs sung by children.


Unless those children are your own, or chipmunks. Then it's ok. :-)


I have mixed feelings about the chickmunks singing Christmas songs. The songs themselves are inherently annoying, but the chipmunk voices give them a sarcastic tone that I appreciate... when Alvin, Simon and Theodore start rocking out a tune, you know that tune doesn't get much respect anyway.

As for my own kids, I don't have any yet, but they will not be allowed to sing in my presence before puberty. :-b

I kid B-)
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:06 pm

Image

All right you Chipmunks! Ready to sing your song?
I'll say we are!
Yeah!
Let's sing it now!
Okay, Simon?
Okay!
Okay, Theodore?
Okay!
Okay, Alvin? Alvin? ALVIN!
OKAY!!!

Christmas, Christmas time is near,
Time for toys and time for cheer,
We've been good, but we can't last
Hurry Christmas, hurry fast,
Want a plane that loops the loop,
Me, I want a hula hoop,
We can hardly stand the wait,
Please Christmas, don't be late.

Okay fellas, get ready.
That was very good, Simon.
Naturally.
Very good Theodore.
Ahkhkhkh.
Ah, Alvin, you were a little flat, watch it.
Ah, Alvin? Alvin. ALVIN!
OKAY!!!

Want a plane that loops the loop,
I still want a hula hoop,
We can hardly stand the wait,
Please Christmas, don't be late.
We can hardly stand the wait,
Please Christmas, don't be late.

Very good, boys.
Let's sing it again!
Yeah, let's sing it again!
No, That's enough, let's not overdo it.
What do you mean not overdo it?
Overdo it?
We want to sing it again!
Now wait a minute, boys ...
Why can't we sing it again?


:-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13710
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Building a metric. And being ignorable and stupid.

Postby ironman » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:10 pm

Patton Oswalt does a bit where he talks about listening to the Chipmunks album when he was a kid, but they would play it on the slowest setting on the turntable. So the Chipmunks then sounded normal and Dave sounded like a demon from the 9th level of hell.
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 94)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby RyanK » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:22 pm

My favorite christmas song is by weird al.. "The Night Santa Went Crazy"


classic stuff, i think i traumatized my brother when he still believed in santa when i played that song to him
Image
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 2839
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:36 pm

I will say my "most annoying novelty Christmas song" award goes to "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer." Ugh :-P
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:18 am

Big Pimpin wrote:Image

All right you Chipmunks! Ready to sing your song?
I'll say we are!
Yeah!
Let's sing it now!
Okay, Simon?
Okay!
Okay, Theodore?
Okay!
Okay, Alvin? Alvin? ALVIN!
OKAY!!!

Christmas, Christmas time is near,
Time for toys and time for cheer,
We've been good, but we can't last
Hurry Christmas, hurry fast,
Want a plane that loops the loop,
Me, I want a hula hoop,
We can hardly stand the wait,
Please Christmas, don't be late.

Okay fellas, get ready.
That was very good, Simon.
Naturally.
Very good Theodore.
Ahkhkhkh.
Ah, Alvin, you were a little flat, watch it.
Ah, Alvin? Alvin. ALVIN!
OKAY!!!

Want a plane that loops the loop,
I still want a hula hoop,
We can hardly stand the wait,
Please Christmas, don't be late.
We can hardly stand the wait,
Please Christmas, don't be late.

Very good, boys.
Let's sing it again!
Yeah, let's sing it again!
No, That's enough, let's not overdo it.
What do you mean not overdo it?
Overdo it?
We want to sing it again!
Now wait a minute, boys ...
Why can't we sing it again?


:-D


I thought Disney originated that particular Christmas ditty, but with Chip 'n Dale singing it with an interruption from Donald Duck at the end. :-?
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21943
(Past Year: 676)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
NY Mets at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Philadelphia at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Tampa Bay at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Houston at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Arizona at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact