Cubs new lineup - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Cubs new lineup

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cubs new lineup

Postby Musicdude10 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:07 am

Ok, so i know that soriano is an amazing outfielder (yea, ok, right). but i think that he should play second, give theriot some more time to adjust, trade izturis for a decent pitcher, start cedeno (he knows what to do know, and he's a decent fielder) and resign pierre. how sick would htis be:

CF Pierre
SS Cedeno
1B Lee
3B Ramirez
2B Soriano
RF Jones
C Barrett
LF Matt Murton

thats freaking amazing if you ask me. without resigning pierre, there isn't a solid pure speed guy: i don't like soriano as a leadoff guy who hits that well for power because it means a ton of solo homeruns. and the middle of that lineup means that they have to walk a few guys veryhappy.gif. i see the cubs contending for the wildcard and coming in say...third. what do you think?
Kerry Wood and Prior aren't actually hurt but don't like Chicago weather in march/april and late july/august. Notice they were on the dl during those times

Felix Pie doesn't exist. He's a marketing scam by the Cubs to give the fans hope
Musicdude10
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:13 am

You don't need speed to put up huge numbers of runs. You just need people that get on base and people that hit for power.

If we get the Soriano of 2005 and before he'll add the power but lack the on base skills. If we get Soriano version 2006 though that took 67 walks (compared to his previous career high of 38) or maybe even a Soriano that becomes even more selective at the plate then look out...the Cubs could be a dangerous team to face.

Now they just need to get some starting pitching...I'm not liking the way that rotation looks right now. !+)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Big Hurt CPOY 06 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:18 pm

It's the same deal next year for the Cubs.

Sure, their offense could be lethal IF Soriano doesn't play like he just got a $17mil/per contract and if Lee stays healthy.

In my opinion, they will let Pierre walk to another team who will overpay him, get a high draft pick, and move on. I see Soriano in the OF.

A lineup of this wouldn't surprise:

Soriano- I can't see him in the middle of this order
Theriot- Seems a good fit for the 2 hole
Murton - Can you say "protection" = breakout year?
Lee - Sure would be nice to be protected by 35 HR's
Ramirez - The big spot in the lineup
Jones - Not too big on Jones
Barrett - Rumored to be moved, could be a hole here
Cedeno - Great young talent, could see him up in order soon

But it can't be done with only hitting. Every year the Cubs desperately depend on Prior and Wood to come back healthy to give Zambrano some help. Having to do that isn't a good thing to take a risk on. I can't see them breaking the bank too much more and signing a big FA pitcher, but who knows.
The Big Hurt was robbed!

Big Hurt CPOY 06
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Musicdude10 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:06 am

my worry is that he had 160 strikeouts last year. I would love to see him hitting fifth or sixth, setting the table to hit those extra base hits. Pierre is a necessity there because he has a high on base percentage and is a great guy in the clubhouse
Kerry Wood and Prior aren't actually hurt but don't like Chicago weather in march/april and late july/august. Notice they were on the dl during those times

Felix Pie doesn't exist. He's a marketing scam by the Cubs to give the fans hope
Musicdude10
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Musicdude10 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:07 am

oh! we've completely forgotten derosa. he'll probably be at short if they get another outfielder

Musicdude10
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Big Hurt CPOY 06 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:29 am

Wow! I didn't notice that, and he was a guy that I was interested in as a Giants fan.

Hm..this probably either puts Theriot on the bench, or make Matt Murton(a guy who I would LOVE the Giants to go after) or Jones expendable.

As far as Pierre goes, even though he's already in LA, you've got the OBP part backwards. I belive it was only around .330.
The Big Hurt was robbed!

Big Hurt CPOY 06
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Another Blown Save » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:57 am

I predict this to be the Cubs lineup, assuming they don't make anymore moves

1. Soriano CF
2. DeRosa 2B
3. Lee 1B
4. Ramirez 3B
5. Jones RF
6. Barrett C
7. Murton LF
8. Izturis SS
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:14 am

Another Blown Save wrote:I predict this to be the Cubs lineup, assuming they don't make anymore moves

1. Soriano CF
2. DeRosa 2B
3. Lee 1B
4. Ramirez 3B
5. Jones RF
6. Barrett C
7. Murton LF
8. Izturis SS

id agree with that...

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Musicdude10 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:18 am

but it could be so much better!

Even if you don't have soriano in the middle, he could bat second. and jones' defense is pretty bad, which is not what the cubs want. according to hendry last winter they were going to improve the defense, which is why walker was questionable for the starting job

CF Pierre
2B Soriano
1B Lee
3B Ramirez
OF Jones
C Barrett
SS Derosa
LF Murton

I think murton could use some time in the eigth spot where he does fit in well there. derosa and murton could switch though

Musicdude10
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Musicdude10 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:18 am

Big Hurt CPOY 06 wrote:Wow! I didn't notice that, and he was a guy that I was interested in as a Giants fan.

Hm..this probably either puts Theriot on the bench, or make Matt Murton(a guy who I would LOVE the Giants to go after) or Jones expendable.

As far as Pierre goes, even though he's already in LA, you've got the OBP part backwards. I belive it was only around .330.

who would you give up for murton? i see a sign and trade deal w/ schmidt that sends you izturis as well

Musicdude10
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates