Return to General Talk

Wii or PS3?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:44 pm

Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Lame

My PS3 with 2 controllers and 2 games went for 980 on ebay..luckily it didn't meet my reserve.

Retail thats like 900 bucks.. I can't believe it only went 80 bucks over retail. :-t

I blame Costco for slow shipping and ebay for making up unreasonable rules on the fly :-t

That's a buzzkill; have you tried craigslist? Or is that not worth it?

I put it on craigslist for 1000 bucks...i frickin paid 813 bucks for it! You'd think it would go for a little more.

Not when you can find them in stores now. The market isn't flooded with them or anything, but I've found a few without even really looking. Someone who wants one should be able to find one fairly easy, be able to walk out of the store with it, and start playing that day, rather than pay extra, hope it's legit, have to wait for it to ship, and hope it gets to them undamaged.

I'll sell you mine for 1k...there aren't any here that i've seen.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:09 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

My PS3 with 2 controllers and 2 games went for 980 on ebay..luckily it didn't meet my reserve.

Retail thats like 900 bucks.. I can't believe it only went 80 bucks over retail. :-t

I blame Costco for slow shipping and ebay for making up unreasonable rules on the fly :-t

I put it on craigslist for 1000 bucks...i frickin paid 813 bucks for it! You'd think it would go for a little more.

Not when you can find them in stores now. The market isn't flooded with them or anything, but I've found a few without even really looking. Someone who wants one should be able to find one fairly easy, be able to walk out of the store with it, and start playing that day, rather than pay extra, hope it's legit, have to wait for it to ship, and hope it gets to them undamaged.

Why would i want your PS3 for $1,000 when i can get this package for $2,000,000.

link
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:20 pm

thedude wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Why would i want your PS3 for $1,000 when i can get this package for $2,000,000.

link

What a deal!!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:42 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Why would I buy yours? I just saw 3 of the 60 gig version and 2 of the 20 gig version today. If I really just had to have one (more like if I had the time to play it), I'd have bought one and be playing right now. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:16 pm

Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Why would I buy yours? I just saw 3 of the 60 gig version and 2 of the 20 gig version today. If I really just had to have one (more like if I had the time to play it), I'd have bought one and be playing right now. :-D

:(
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:50 pm

thedude wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

link

You'd think if they wanted people to take a $2,000,000 ebay auction seriously, they'd have used spell check.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:11 pm

So luckily I can return my PS3 to costco if need be...I think I'm gonna hold it until XMAS time to see if it goes back up
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Yoda » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:25 pm

acsguitar wrote:So luckily I can return my PS3 to costco if need be...I think I'm gonna hold it until XMAS time to see if it goes back up

At least you didn't wait in line for 9 days like some idiots.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Minor League Skilz » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:35 pm

I got the Wii last week and I have to say it really does live up to the hype. Those sports games are super addictive and fun to play. I just really hope I don't break my nice TV because I could completely see how you could throw that remote across the room.

Zelda is awesome. It is a must play for fans of the series. I also picked up Red Steel and I didn't like it at first. I was all over the place with the guns and I felt like I had zero control. I read up in it and I may need to tweak my controller settings. It looks great on TV so I will give it another shot once I beat Zelda. ;-D
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:57 pm

Minor League Skilz wrote:I got the Wii last week and I have to say it really does live up to the hype. Those sports games are super addictive and fun to play. I just really hope I don't break my nice TV because I could completely see how you could throw that remote across the room.

Zelda is awesome. It is a must play for fans of the series. I also picked up Red Steel and I didn't like it at first. I was all over the place with the guns and I felt like I had zero control. I read up in it and I may need to tweak my controller settings. It looks great on TV so I will give it another shot once I beat Zelda. ;-D

man I really want one!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk