AI is a good guy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

AI is a good guy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AI is a good guy

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:57 pm

link

Very sad situation to say the least. But Iverson is doing something very cool here. These guys usually get attention for all the wrong reasons, but not this time.

RIP Kevin Johnson :,-(
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:04 pm

For a while there, I thought you meant Kevin Johnson, the basketball player.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Old_Style » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:09 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:For a while there, I thought you meant Kevin Johnson, the basketball player.

that was my initial thought too.

anyways, i think if it meant that much to iverson, he would attend the funeral. i think if iverson wanted to do something, he'd be a part of an anti gun rally or something to that affect. i don't think paying for a kids funeral is doing anything for that cause.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:18 pm

Old_Style wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:For a while there, I thought you meant Kevin Johnson, the basketball player.

anyways, i think if it meant that much to iverson, he would attend the funeral. i think if iverson wanted to do something, he'd be a part of an anti gun rally or something to that affect. i don't think paying for a kids funeral is doing anything for that cause.

I'm not one that thinks that less guns equals more safety. If anything, I think that's backwards logic.

In any case, I do think it's a very cool gesture on his part to pay for the funeral. It would be cooler if he could attend, I agree, but I'm sure he'd be there if it was possible.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:06 pm

I'm a critic of Iverson and never been a fan of his, but I will give him a thumbs up for this. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:07 pm

Old_Style wrote:

I don't think so at all. If he didn't care, he could have either done nothing or had a clubhouse attendent send a card in his name.

On June 24, 2003, a group of teens approached Johnson while he was waiting for a trolley and demanded he give up the Iverson jersey he was wearing. When he refused, Johnson was shot in the back of the neck by Robert Ferguson, who is serving a prison sentence on attempted murder charges.

Shouldn't that be changed to murder charges now??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Old_Style » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:49 pm

i just think that this article doesn't do iverson justice if, in fact, he is trying to do something about gun control in philadelphia. is he doing anything?

;-D to iverson for helping this particular family though.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:54 pm

Old_Style wrote:i just think that this article doesn't do iverson justice if, in fact, he is trying to do something about gun control in philadelphia. is he doing anything?

I hope not. But then I think more guns equates with more safety, not less. But that's just me. B-)

But let's not turn this into that argument.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:07 pm

Old_Style wrote:i just think that this article doesn't do iverson justice if, in fact, he is trying to do something about gun control in philadelphia. is he doing anything?

;-D to iverson for helping this particular family though.

Wouldn't it be hypocritical if he went to a rally about gun control with a weapon under his car seat?? I am sure that it's registered but it does stink a little.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:54 am

yeah i remember reading about this story before when it happened and it was sad to see the kid get worse when everyone thought he got better...but a ;-D to ai for what he did as well...

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk