Tased for not showing ID; cops threaten passive onlookers. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Tased for not showing ID; cops threaten passive onlookers.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AcidRock23 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:14 pm

He needs a girlfriend or a couple of cases of beer or some other college diversions. "Hmmm, it's Tuesday night so I'll go hang @ the library after 10:00 and not have my ID". It's not like the less well-armed library folks didn't first ask to check his id and then, when he told them to buzz off, they decided to call the cops. Or, most likely, they checked w/ their boss who looked it up in the manual and decided 'oh well, another one of these douchebags, not my problem, I'll have to call the damn police and write a stupid report up about the whole thing. There goes my exploration of Fantasy Baseball Café tonight. Argh'. Then, 20 min later, the 5-0 roll up and he's still hanging out and causing a ruckus, interfering w/ the other college students trying to do their homework or find the recipe for LSD or making out whatever else they are doing in the library then and they try to get him out and he continues to refuse. What a dumbass!!

When I was in college, we were playing soccer in the street w/ a bowling ball wrapped in newspaper that we'd set ablaze w/ lamp oil and a cop drove by and we said 'we've got it under control officer' in a respectful manner (even though we were 18 sheets to the wind...) and he was like 'ok' and drove off.

Fighting w/ cops generally means 1) you are going to lose, at worst, the cops will keep calling more cops until they take you down, cf. Rodney King riots, et al and 2) the cops are going to have to do some paperwork, which likely means a 'loss' as opposed to driving around in the squad car as far as the cops are concerned but still beats being tasered and immortalized in a silly YouTube video.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:16 pm

Madison wrote:This was posted on the football side:

Edit: Many people have questioned the fact that the cops tazed him and asked him to get up, and tazed him again even though he shouldn't have the capability to get up. This was not the case here to my knowledge , because the cops were using their "drive-stun" method which administers less of a jolt than normal. I believe this because anyone who can ramble on about this being the patriot act and yell at the top of his lungs should have the capability of getting up.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=304500&start=45

That would explain why the police expected him to get up. ;-)

What are the credentials of this guy to make this comment? It seems more like an opinion than fact. And anyway, screaming is much different from physically standing up and walking away.
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Madison » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:15 pm

HiddenIdentity wrote:
Madison wrote:This was posted on the football side:

Edit: Many people have questioned the fact that the cops tazed him and asked him to get up, and tazed him again even though he shouldn't have the capability to get up. This was not the case here to my knowledge , because the cops were using their "drive-stun" method which administers less of a jolt than normal. I believe this because anyone who can ramble on about this being the patriot act and yell at the top of his lungs should have the capability of getting up.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=304500&start=45

That would explain why the police expected him to get up. ;-)

What are the credentials of this guy to make this comment? It seems more like an opinion than fact. And anyway, screaming is much different from physically standing up and walking away.

Just passing on the possibility of it. Oddly enough, it makes sense. If they were not using true tasers, then that would explain why they expected him to get up. If you want more details about the person who wrote that up, check with CC on the football side (click the link). He's the one who found it. I merely brought it up because it does make sense and is a possibility.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:16 pm

There are a lot of nuances when it comes to TASER's. I don't think it's unusual that they were used in this situation at low voltage, but it's a huge controversy because you can hear the screaming on tape. The thing to keep in mind though is that the guy started screaming long before he gote tased.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk