PlayStation 3 on eBay - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

PlayStation 3 on eBay

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:42 pm

thedude wrote:If you don't get that wait until the middle of december. That is the time when you can really cash in.

yea but isn't sony saying there should be a million units by Xmas time?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:51 pm

acsguitar wrote:
thedude wrote:If you don't get that wait until the middle of december. That is the time when you can really cash in.

yea but isn't sony saying there should be a million units by Xmas time?

On the radio they said they won't. 400,000 to 500,000 units this year due to conflicts with the PS3's CD/DVD/BluRay player.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: PlayStation 3 on eBay

Postby The Big Stick » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:53 pm

thedude wrote:I just looked at e-bay, and the PS3 auctions which were just closing had gone over $3,000! Pretty impressive, considering the game system isn't even released for another 7 and half hours.

So who is standing online all night to make some quick cash?

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0051959211

Not a bad days pay Spend $700 Sold for $2500. After Paypal take it's cut looking at about 2300 estimated. Nice I tried getting one but it was not worth it. I'll wait after X-mass.
Signature by: RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor

Postby thedude » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:55 pm

Some pretty crazy stuff went on this morning...

UTNAM, Conn. — Two armed thugs tried to rob a line of people waiting for the new Playstation 3 game system to go on sale in Putnam early Friday and shot one man who refused to give up his money, authorities said.

About 30 miles away, another shopper was beaten and robbed of his new Playstation 3 just minutes after he bought it at a store in Manchester, police said.

Nationwide, short supplies of the PS3 and strong demand led to long lines of buyers, some waiting for days outside stores. Once the doors opened Friday, customers pushed and shoved their way to the shelves in several cities to get at the limited supply.

The attacks and robberies in Connecticut appeared to be the most violent.

It was about 3 a.m. when the two gunmen in Putnam, a town of about 9,000 residents in northeast Connecticut, confronted 15 to 20 people standing outside a Wal-Mart store and demanded money, said State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance.

"One of the patrons resisted. That patron was shot," Vance said.

Vance said the two gunmen fled after shooting Michael Penkala, 21, of Webster, Mass., in the chest and shoulder. Penkala was in stable condition at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center in Worcester, Mass., with injuries not believed to be life threatening, Vance said.

Police were searching for the suspects, both believed to be in their teens, Vance said. He said one was wearing a ski mask and brandishing a handgun, and the other had what appeared to be a shotgun.

In the Manchester attack, the shopper told police five men surrounded and beat him as he left the Shoppes at Buckland Hills with the new Playstation.

Police Sgt. Chris Davis said the alleged attackers pushed one of colleagues out of the car as they drove away. That man, a 17-year-old from Windsor, was charged with robbery, larceny, assault and breach of peace. His name was not released.

In Palmdale, Calif., authorities shut down a Super Wal-Mart after some shoppers got rowdy late Wednesday. In West Bend, Wis., a 19-year-old man was injured when he ran into a pole racing with 50 others for one of 10 spots outside a Wal-Mart.

In Lexington, Ky., someone fired BB pellets from a passing vehicle at people waiting outside a Best Buy store, according to WKYT, whose own reporter said she was among four people grazed while she interviewed buyers in line.

A Best Buy in Boston, aware it had only 140 of the consoles, got smart about the big sale — its employees gave out tickets to the first 140 people in line so everyone could go home until the store opened.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,230182,00.html
Last edited by thedude on Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:55 pm

The Big Stick wrote:
thedude wrote:I just looked at e-bay, and the PS3 auctions which were just closing had gone over $3,000! Pretty impressive, considering the game system isn't even released for another 7 and half hours.

Not a bad days pay Spend $700 Sold for $2500. After Paypal take it's cut looking at about 2300 estimated. Nice I tried getting one but it was not worth it. I'll wait after X-mass.

Why would Paypal get a cut?
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:55 pm

I hoping to have mine early next week. If I don't have it by wednesay...I'm photoshopping the PS3 into my hands so that I can put it on EBAY for black friday
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The Big Stick » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:58 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
The Big Stick wrote:

Because they take a percentage for processing the payment. That is charged only to the seller.
Signature by: RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor

Postby thedude » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:58 pm

There will be 1.1-1.2 shipped to the US by the end of 2006.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157152.html
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:05 pm

The Big Stick wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
The Big Stick wrote:

Because they take a percentage for processing the payment. That is charged only to the seller.

Makes sense. I didn't know that though. My wife has bought stuff through eBay/Paypal but never sold anything... I guess they have to make their money somehow, right?
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:07 pm

thedude wrote:There will be 1.1-1.2 shipped to the US by the end of 2006.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157152.html

That was from over 2 months ago so We'll see how it goes
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk