PlayStation 3 on eBay - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

PlayStation 3 on eBay

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

PlayStation 3 on eBay

Postby thedude » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:34 pm

I just looked at e-bay, and the PS3 auctions which were just closing had gone over $3,000! Pretty impressive, considering the game system isn't even released for another 7 and half hours.

So who is standing online all night to make some quick cash?
Last edited by thedude on Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:35 pm

If I had the money to buy one in the first place, and the time to wait outside to buy one, I sure as hell would be doing that.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:35 pm

That is insane! 8-o

I was interested to buy one but I'm definitely going to be waiting until the price dips down. :-°
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ironman » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:38 pm

This blows my mind, the amount of money people spend on this crap. Don't get me wrong I enjoy video games, but I have never seen the reasoning behind buying something for an insanely inflated price just because it's new and I can be one of the first to have it.

I usually don't buy a new system until it's had a couple of price drops so I'll probably sit through another year of playing my wildly outdated Xbox.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:38 pm

Sony so screwed this up. This money should be going to the company but it's going to ebayers. Sony is going to miss the entire Christmas season b/c they won't have the supply to meet demand. Critics say that they won't see the profits until late 2007 and the stock price has fallen even with the release of the game console.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 283)

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:45 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Sony so screwed this up. This money should be going to the company but it's going to ebayers. Sony is going to miss the entire Christmas season b/c they won't have the supply to meet demand. Critics say that they won't see the profits until late 2007 and the stock price has fallen even with the release of the game console.

Same thing as what happened with the 360. Only the thing is Sony saw this happen with the 360 and had a chance to do it right...
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:58 pm

I hope to buy one so I can make a million dollars
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Yoda » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:05 pm

I wouldn't touch that thing right now. There seems to be issues with the hardware and while Sony's track record is much better than Microsoft's, there will be a lot of technical issues.

As for the Wii, the new Zelda game is receiving ridiculously good review. Along with Mario, Metroid, that system is going to be the one to own.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:06 pm

Yoda wrote:I wouldn't touch that thing right now. There seems to be issues with the hardware and while Sony's track record is much better than Microsoft's, there will be a lot of technical issues.

As for the Wii, the new Zelda game is receiving ridiculously good review. Along with Mario, Metroid, that system is going to be the one to own.

When does it come out?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:07 pm

Yoda wrote:I wouldn't touch that thing right now. There seems to be issues with the hardware and while Sony's track record is much better than Microsoft's, there will be a lot of technical issues.

And the new controller as goofy as it looks is going to be awesome for first person shooter games.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Next

Return to General Talk