Return to General Talk

OJ TV Special

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:45 am

Big Pimpin wrote:
Madison wrote:Stupid lawyers and stupid system. Boo! :-t

Take that Token Canadian. }:-) :-b

:-b

Dunno. Not sure Mookie's ever said what kind of lawyer he is. There are a few decent ones out there. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby soxfan364 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:00 pm

Fox and OJ are scum... just plain scum for putting this out.
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Yoda » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:00 pm

OJ will burn in hell and that is all that matters.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:17 pm

This is just so ridiculous its funny. If your going to come out and admit you killed your wife, why don't you just say it? Why come in with this "Well if I would have done it, not saying that I did kill my wife, but if I did do it this is what I would do." Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard. He's being a coward.
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:25 pm

It is absolutely disgusting that OJ would even try to make a show about the death of his kids' mom. I will venture to guess that this show will be highly watched when it comes out, but my TV set will not be one of the ones tuned into it.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:58 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:It is absolutely disgusting that OJ would even try to make a show about the death of his kids' mom. I will venture to guess that this show will be highly watched when it comes out, but my TV set will not be one of the ones tuned into it.

How exactly does OJ explain this to his kids?

"Children, you know that I'm innocent and I didn't kill your mom. But IF I did do it, this is how I would have whacked her."
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:13 pm

Minor League Skilz wrote:Image

If that was truly accurate, it would be "since 1994", which is when the murders took place. Unless you are of the belief that every innocent man has his friend drive them around in a Bronco with a passport and $10K in cash.

Mookie4ever wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:It is absolutely disgusting that OJ would even try to make a show about the death of his kids' mom. I will venture to guess that this show will be highly watched when it comes out, but my TV set will not be one of the ones tuned into it.

How exactly does OJ explain this to his kids?

"Children, you know that I'm innocent and I didn't kill your mom. But IF I did do it, this is how I would have whacked her."

That's pretty much it. I know that there is a bunch of legal crap involved but, as much as I disagree with the outcome of the criminal case, I don't see how he can be found not guilty in a criminal court and guilty in a civil court. I understand the differences between them but it just seems retarded. To me, you're either guilty or not.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby cordscords » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:11 pm

cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:49 pm

sanity prevails---book and tv interview cancelled.

O.J. Simpson book, TV special canceled

By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer 28 minutes ago

NEW YORK - After a firestorm of criticism, News. Corp. said Monday that it has canceled the
O.J. Simpson book and TV special "If I Did It."

"I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project," said Rupert Murdoch, News Corp. chairman. "We are sorry for any pain that this has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson."

A dozen Fox affiliates had already said they would not air the two-part sweeps month special, planned for next week before the Nov. 30 publication of the book by ReganBooks. The publishing house is a HarperCollins imprint owned — like the Fox network — by News Corp.

In both the book and show, Simpson speaks in hypothetical terms about how he would have committed the 1994 slayings of his ex-wife Nicole and her friend Goldman.

Relatives of the victims have lashed out at the now scuttled publication and broadcast plans.

"He destroyed my son and took from my family Ron's future and life. And for that I'll hate him always and find him despicable," Fred Goldman told ABC last week.

The industry trade publication Broadcasting & Cable editorialized against the show Monday, saying "Fox should cancel this evil sweeps stunt."

One of the nation's largest superstore chains, Borders Group Inc., said last week it would donate any profits on the book to charity.

Simpson was acquitted in 1995 of murder in a case that became its own TV drama. The former football star and announcer was later found liable for the deaths in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the Goldman family.

Judith Regan, publisher of "If I Did It," said she considered the book to be Simpson's confession.

The television special was to air on two of the final three nights of the November sweeps, when ratings are watched closely to set local advertising rates. It has been a particularly tough fall for Fox, which has seen none of its new shows catch on and is waiting for the January bows of "American Idol" and "24."

The closest precedent for such an about-face came when CBS yanked a miniseries about
Ronald Reagan from its schedule in 2003 when complaints were raised about its accuracy. The Reagan series was seen on its sister premium-cable channel, Showtime, instead.

One station manager who had said he wasn't airing the special said he was concerned that whether or not Simpson was guilty, he'd still be profiting from murders.

"I have my own moral compass and this was easy," said Bill Lamb, general manager of WDRB in Louisville.

For the publishing industry, the cancellation of "If I Did It" was an astonishing end to a story like no other. Numerous books have been withdrawn over the years because of possible plagiarism, most recently Kaavya Viswanathan's "How Opal Mehta Got Kissed, Got Wild, and Got a Life," but a book's removal simply for objectionable content is virtually unheard of.

Sales had been strong, but not sensational. "If I Did It" cracked the top 20 of Amazon.com last weekend, but by Monday afternoon, at the time its cancellation had been announced, the book had fallen to No. 51.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:57 pm

bravo i guess. shouldnt have ever been given the go-ahead to begin with.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk