OJ TV Special - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

OJ TV Special

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

OJ TV Special

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:01 pm

OJ's new book and interview will be called OJ Simpson: if I did it this is how.

http://www.canada.com/topics/entertainm ... 38&k=25419
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:05 pm

Unbelievable. 8-o
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Minor League Skilz » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:17 pm

The Goldman's and brown's should get a free pass to hire a hit man on OJ.

Then they could have a TV special 'If we hired an assassin to kill OJ, this is how we would do it!"

It is sad that this murderer is allowed to jerk us around and make a buck by "almost" admitting his crime.

:-P
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:22 pm

Fox should be ashamed of themselves. of course they are run by the devil
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Old_Style » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:35 pm

i know if i got away with killing a couple people, i'd want to stay out of the public eye.
pretty arrogant and ignorant move on oj's part, even if he didn't kill them.

:-t :-t
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:49 pm

Old_Style wrote:pretty arrogant and ignorant move on oj's part, even if he didn't kill them.

:-t :-t

what does he say to his kids?

hey kids, i didnt kill your mom but hypothetically if i did, this is how i would do it. i am sure you would like this autographed book for christmas.

i also heard he plans to spend all of the money rather quickly so he doesnt have to give it to goldman's family.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:52 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:i also heard he plans to spend all of the money rather quickly so he doesnt have to give it to goldman's family.
I heard on the radio the deal was done through an off-shore bank so that the Goldman's can't touch it.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:56 pm

Am I the only person who doesn't claim to know for sure whether OJ is guilty or innocent?

Do I think OJ most likely did it? Yes. But that's a far cry from saying for sure that he did it and calling him a murderer. There are some interesting conspiracy theories as well:

From Wikipedia:

Simpson has suggested a hitman killed Ron and Nicole. Those who agree with this assertion say it is supported by the following details:[citation needed]

The murder of Ron and Nicole was among a string of murders of people associated with Simpson, Ron, and Nicole. Casimir Sucharski, a friend of Simpson, was murdered two weeks after Ron and Nicole. On March 19, 1995, Simpson's friend, record company promoter Charles Minor, was murdered. On July 30, 1993, eleven months before the famous double murder, Ron Goldman's friend Brett Cantor was killed with a knife in a manner identical to Ron and Nicole: from behind and across the throat and stabbed repeatedly on the arms and chest. Michael Nigg, a waiter at the Mezzaluna (where Ron Goldman was also a waiter) was shot in the head and killed. Another Mezzaluna waiter barely survived a car bombing.[citation needed]
Many working at Mezzaluna were involved with the Mafia and/or the drug trade.
Photos of Nicole with known criminals of the drug trade in a hot tub and on a bed were shown on the news. Simpson said he was upset when he saw his children associated with the drug scene with which Nicole had apparently become involved.
Barry Hoestler, a private investigator hired for the Simpson case by Robert Shapiro, said Nicole talked about the idea of opening a restaurant with Ron Goldman as her partner, and financing it with cocaine profits. Hoestler said Nicole and her friends were "over their heads with some dope dealers".
Nicole's best friend was Faye Resnick, a cocaine addict. Someone broke into Resnick's apartment to take documents and photographs. Later, Resnick skipped town. Simpson's defense team said Nicole and Ron may have been killed by drug dealers to scare Resnick into paying her drug debt. Prosecutors said there was no evidence to back this theory.
There was an unexplained DNA mix on the steering wheel column of the car. The DNA was neither Simpson's, nor Nicole's, nor Goldman's.
The "car testimonies" of Park and Kato, which suggest unexplained movement of vehicle/s, were suppressed from the trial.
Al Cowlings once served as a bodyguard for convicted drug smuggler Joey Ippolito. Ippolito escaped from a Florida jail three weeks before the murders and made many calls to Simpson. According to the theory, Ippolito probably hired a hitman to commit the drug related murders. Frankie Viserto is one hitman known to be close to Ippolito. In the past, Viserto has tortured and beheaded his victims with a knife.
Nicole's sister Denise Brown was often seen and photographed with ex-Mob enforcer and FBI informant Tony Fiato, a recruit of Ippolito. Denise denied that Fiato was her boyfriend.
Police detectives broke state law and their own policy when they waited hours to summon the county coroner.
In violation of policy, evidence remained in the processing room for three days before the first piece was booked in the secure ECU. The evidence was on a tabletop, and could be handled by anyone with access. 70 to 80 police personnel had access.
Someone broke into Robert Shapiro's office, forced open a locked filing cabinet, and stole confidential papers related to the case.
Simpson said that only once, in 1989, had he and Nicole got into a fight that injured her. Nicole used makeup in one of the photos showing her with facial bruises after the fight. He said Nicole's written statements of domestic abuse were a plan to get out of a prenuptial agreement.
None of these assertions explains Simpson's behavior following the murders, such as the self-incriminating statement to police, the attempt to flee, the suicide note, the apologies to the police who eventually arrested him, the inability to remember how he had cut his finger to the bone the night of the murders, or his differing statements about his whereabouts during the time of the murders. In addition, none of this explains how Simpson's DNA was at the murder scene and the victims' blood was inside his car and his home.

Another theory that has been put forth is that Simpson's son, Jason Simpson, committed the murders. This is the central theory of a book by William Dear titled O.J. is Guilty, But Not of Murder (ISBN 0-9702058-0-5). This book attempts to explain Simpson's incriminating behavior and the incriminating evidence, and also presents an alternative theory of how the murders took place. Among the circumstances Dear, a former detective, claims in the book to support his theory are:

Before the murders, Jason Simpson had been taking the medication Depakote to control eppileptic seizures and rage disorders. He had had previous instances of going into seizures and not being able to remember what had taken place while he was blacked out. Just before the murders, Jason had discontinued taking the medication.
Jason was on probation on the night of the murders for attacking his former employer, Paul Goldberg with a knife.
Jason was a chef-in-training and would always carry his knife set with him. These knives were more than capable of committing the murders, and inflicting the type of wounds found on the victims. He also carries a survival knife with him, which is believed to be the murder weapon, not the chef's knives. The butt end of the knife was also very sharp and is believed to have been used to strike Nicole in the back of the head, creating a gash in her scalp.
Jason had no alibi the night of the murders. He stated he was cooking in front of 200 people the night of the murders. However, the restaurant that he worked at during the murders could hold a maximum of 87 people at any one time. He also later stated in a civil deposition that he clocked out after the murders had taken place. However unreleased evidence shows that he printed in the time that he left, rather than using the electronic time machine as he and other employees had done all the rest of that week.
Jason had attacked a previous girlfriend with a knife, in which he used to cut off chunks of her hair.
After committing the murders, it is believed that Jason called Simpson to the crime scene.
O.J. tried to cover up the crime of his son because of the guilt O.J. felt as a result of being a neglectful father.

Basically, there is endemic and systemic racism and corruption in the LA police department, and it was even worse at the time of the Simpson trial. In opposition to that, the Simpson acquittal was a huge victory for everyone who'd been victimized by that system.

The problem is that a preponderance evidence still implicates OJ. The trial ended up judging the legal system and not the defendant; sometimes an injustice needs to occur to prevent more injustice from occurring in the future.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:03 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Am I the only person who doesn't claim to know for sure whether OJ is guilty or innocent?

the book and interview are in bad taste regardless of guilt or innocence.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:04 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Am I the only person who doesn't claim to know for sure whether OJ is guilty or innocent?

the book and interview are in bad taste regardless of guilt or innocence.

90% of Fox's programming is in bad taste.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk