Minor Trade: Johnson for Ring & Bell (funny I know) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Minor Trade: Johnson for Ring & Bell (funny I know)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Minor Trade: Johnson for Ring & Bell (funny I know)

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:42 pm

NAPLES, Fla. - The Mets added another outfielder to their left-field mix Wednesday, acquiring Ben Johnson and right-hander Jon Adkins from the Padres for right-hander Heath Bell and left-hander Royce Ring, FOXSports.com has learned.

The Mets, who are not actively trying to re-sign free-agent left fielder Cliff Floyd, entered the general managers' meetings with Endy Chavez and Lastings Milledge as their options in left.
Johnson is viewed by scouts as more of a backup player, but it is possible that the Mets could trade Milledge as part of a larger deal later this off-season. They also could acquire a more established left fielder in either free agency or a trade.

The additions of Bell and Ring increase the Padres' bullpen depth at a time when they are entertaining offers for right-hander Scott Linebrink. The Padres have been adept in recent years at acquiring pitchers with spotty track records and developing them into quality relievers.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 117)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates