Jay-Z's Kingdom Come - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Jay-Z's Kingdom Come

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Phatferd » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:20 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I'm not a fan of Jay Z, and haven't followed his career very closely, but I believe the "H tot he Izzo" stuff comes from him proclaiming himself "J-Hova, the God of Rap". "H to the izzo, V to the izzay," apparently only vowels get "izzed."

Would that make Jay-Z fans "J-HOVA Witnesses?" :-D

Word.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tuff_gong » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:48 pm

I have heard it as well, and am kind of disappointed. I may have expected too much, but it seems like his flow isn't as good anymore. And with him telling us how he's made it and has nothing to worry about anymore on every song, it kind of gets old. There are a few sweet beats , though. For a couple sweet current hip-hop albums though, I would definately check out The Game's Doctor's Advocate, as well as Nas' Hip Hop is Dead...The N coming out in december and Talib Kweli's Eardrum coming in January. ;-D

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thedude » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:41 am

He did say he was going "to come back like Jordan, wearing the four-five..." He also explained that "It ain't to play games witchu. It's to aim at you, probably maim you..." He needs to remember one thing, one thing he came, he saw, he conquered.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby daullaz » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:39 am

tuff_gong wrote:I have heard it as well, and am kind of disappointed. I may have expected too much, but it seems like his flow isn't as good anymore. And with him telling us how he's made it and has nothing to worry about anymore on every song, it kind of gets old. There are a few sweet beats , though. For a couple sweet current hip-hop albums though, I would definately check out The Game's Doctor's Advocate, as well as Nas' Hip Hop is Dead...The N coming out in december and Talib Kweli's Eardrum coming in January. ;-D

I can't wait for the Nas album and especially the Talib Kweli album. ;-D
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:03 am

yeah im a big nas fan as well, even more so than jay...the song do you want a ride with john legend and kanye producing is my favorite by far.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:45 pm

daullaz wrote:
tuff_gong wrote:I have heard it as well, and am kind of disappointed. I may have expected too much, but it seems like his flow isn't as good anymore. And with him telling us how he's made it and has nothing to worry about anymore on every song, it kind of gets old. There are a few sweet beats , though. For a couple sweet current hip-hop albums though, I would definately check out The Game's Doctor's Advocate, as well as Nas' Hip Hop is Dead...The N coming out in december and Talib Kweli's Eardrum coming in January. ;-D

I can't wait for the Nas album and especially the Talib Kweli album. ;-D

I like Nas...I don't konw much Talib Kweli though.

I really hope Nas stays back with his style and doesn't try to be these no talent rappers that keep popping up.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:40 pm

i think ACS should have to listen to Lady Soverign rap about her small brestasies and hairy pits
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:17 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i think ACS should have to listen to Lady Soverign rap about her small brestasies and hairy pits

Oh god does she do that?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to General Talk