A vent - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

A vent

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:26 pm

i would report them. every once in a while i read about roving packs of middle school kids that terrorize people, occasionally beating someone to death. dont let them get away with it. it will just embolden them to do worse things.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BritSox » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:29 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:i would report them. every once in a while i read about roving packs of middle school kids that terrorize people, occasionally beating someone to death. dont let them get away with it. it will just embolden them to do worse things.

Yeah, I've shopped them. Just waiting for the cops to call round. There were witnesses- about, I'd say, 7-8 people walked past whilst it was happening, though none stopped so no-one saw the whole thing. Sadly, it was mostly like 14yo girls, or mothers with babies, so no-one intervened.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby Madison » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:29 pm

BritSox wrote:
Madison wrote:
BritSox wrote:Are tasers legal in the US?

Just shoot them and do the world a favor. ;-D

If they want to act like little wannabe thugs, treat them like thugs. In fear of your life? Fully legal to shoot them in the face. ;-D

Wasn't remotely in fear of my life. It was such a ludicrous situation. I found it funny that they'd dare, initially. It was only when i tried to walk away and they pursued that i got worried. It was only fifty feet from a really busy road. My Dad thinks i should just have smacked the skinny one back, but i didn't think it would do any good escalating it. Called the cops when i got to the nearest shop, and they're coming round later to interview me.

Just felt the need to get it off my chest really.

3 wannabe thugs against you. You didn't provoke them They struck you repeatedly, and since you didn't know what they were thinking or what they were going to do, that leaves you open.

Sounds to me like you told them to stop, warned them (to no avail), so you protected yourself by shooting them in the face.

Good enough for there to be no need for paperwork here in Texas. ;-D

Now I know you were only venting and don't think action such as that was necessary. Just giving you (and anyone reading this) another way to look at it. Things like this are common here in the states. The 9 o'clock news last night was nothing but robberies and break-ins for the first 20 minutes last night. A man in Tyler, Texas shot a kid who kicked down his front door in a robbery attempt (I think that was Saturday night). No charges will be filed against the homeowner, because the law allows us to kill attackers if we fear for our lives. If more adults would stop putting up with it, and put an end to it instead, the message would be sent loud and clear to these scumbags. Might not appy in your case, but it could apply to someone else who happens to read this. :-°
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BritSox » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:34 pm

Yah, that kinda though did cross my mind initially Mad.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:39 pm

Madison wrote:Now I know you were only venting and don't think action such as that was necessary. Just giving you (and anyone reading this) another way to look at it. Things like this are common here in the states. The 9 o'clock news last night was nothing but robberies and break-ins for the first 20 minutes last night. A man in Tyler, Texas shot a kid who kicked down his front door in a robbery attempt (I think that was Saturday night). No charges will be filed against the homeowner, because the law allows us to kill attackers if we fear for our lives. If more adults would stop putting up with it, and put an end to it instead, the message would be sent loud and clear to these scumbags. Might not appy in your case, but it could apply to someone else who happens to read this. :-°

Isn't it sad that our world has come to this? I completely know what you mean.

Living in Phoenix the last 2.5 years has given me new perspective. I grew up and spent most my life in a little town in Eastern Washington of 15,000-20,000 people. Now when I watch the news it's about murders, robberies, home invasions, etc. We live in a decent neighborhood, but there's a lot of low-income areas nearby. It's not uncommon for us to hear the ghetto-bird (police helicopter) circling overhead.

And sadly, it's getting to the point where we're just desensitized to it all. It defintely makes you worry about how things are now, and if they're just going to get worse. I definitely worry about my two little girls, no doubt about that. :-[
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:55 pm

That sucks man....definitly press charges.....I don't believe you can have hand guns in Britain so that probably wouldn't work.

Pressing charges is the best thing to do...I don't have a gun in my house but if someone tried to break in I'd beat them to death with a baseball bat....Although I'm sure if the person survived he would try to sue me...I've heard some rediculous situations where people try to steal someones car or something you catch them beat them half to death and then you get sued. Makes no sense to me :-t

Anyways the only time I've been a "Victim" of a crime like that was when I was like 12 years old and two kids who were obviously alot older stole our football when we were playing football in the park.

They walked over said throw them the football and then said it was theirs and they'd stab us if we tried to do anything about it. I don't consider myself a "racist" but it sure didn't make it easier for me to trust a certain race unfortunately.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:06 pm

I'll echo that I'd press charges as well. Glad it wasn't life-threatening.

If it was and you had to fight back, I'd have gone for the skinny one first. Get a strike in the throat to at least put him down for a little while.

That leaves two.

Go for sensitive areas if you know what I mean.

Outrun the fat kid.

That's my suggestion if you HAD to defend yourself and couldn't get away. Try to get major blows in sensitive areas on the weakest ones and the bigger ones may back down attack based off emotion. Hope you never have to and hope justice is done.

P.S. I think you did the right thing and didn't escalate it. Were there no other human beings around to see this to come help?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby BritSox » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:09 pm

A few people walked past. There was something of a standoff. I don't know if anyone necessarily saw a punch being thrown. Most of those who went past, i think, were school-age girls or mothers with babies (it was just after school letting-out time). I'm not sure there was another adult male go by.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:14 pm

I really wanna learn martial arts just so I can learn how to defend myself in this case
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:22 pm

acsguitar wrote:I really wanna learn martial arts just so I can learn how to defend myself in this case

I saw Transporter 2 last night. That Jason Statham can kick ass with the best of them, but there were some parts that went beyond a reasonable suspension of my disbelief.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk