A vent - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

A vent

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A vent

Postby BritSox » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:44 pm

I got set upon by three schoolkids when I was walking home after work this afternoon. Got punched in the face three or four times. Thank the Lord, I didn't retaliate on any occasion- pretty sure i could have had any one of them alone, but as a group, I'm sure they'd have kicked my ass. Tried to walk away a couple of times, but they ran after me. One of the time, i try to walk off, I call the kids a bunch of punk mofos- then one of them, who was a black kid, rushes towards me and starts yelling in my face 'did you just call me a n***er?' Obviously, I hadn't. [The other two kids were white and were the ones that actually struck me- a skinny one three times, and a fat one once]. They also threatened me with planks of wood and sharp branches, and the last time i walked off (I was backing away from them the whole time, and had nearly reached the end of the alley) the three of them spat on me.

I'm not so much angry, as majorly bummed that these kids can do stuff like this and think they can get away with it, you know? I despair. They were still in their school uniform, even. Makes me sad for the sake of society. I mean, it's not even like i was in an awful area, or it was late at night.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby Yoda » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:53 pm

What grade are you in? Why are they after you?

Buy a taser and shock those punks in the face next time.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:54 pm

They were in their school uniforms? I would immediately go with the cops to the school and pick out those punks and press charges.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby BritSox » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:56 pm

Yoda wrote:What grade are you in? Why are they after you?

Buy a taser and shock those punks in the face next time.

That's the point, the sheer randomness of it. There was no good reason. I'm just walking a long, then one of them says something to the other about my coat looking like, or actually being, one that belongs to a friend of theirs- then the two white kids block me off, then the skinny one punches me in the face when i ask him why the hell he did that.

Are tasers legal in the US?
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:59 pm

BritSox wrote:Are tasers legal in the US?

Just shoot them and do the world a favor. ;-D

If they want to act like little wannabe thugs, treat them like thugs. In fear of your life? Fully legal to shoot them in the face. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BritSox » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:06 pm

Madison wrote:

If they want to act like little wannabe thugs, treat them like thugs. In fear of your life? Fully legal to shoot them in the face. ;-D

Wasn't remotely in fear of my life. It was such a ludicrous situation. I found it funny that they'd dare, initially. It was only when i tried to walk away and they pursued that i got worried. It was only fifty feet from a really busy road. My Dad thinks i should just have smacked the skinny one back, but i didn't think it would do any good escalating it. Called the cops when i got to the nearest shop, and they're coming round later to interview me.

Just felt the need to get it off my chest really.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:14 pm

Maybe they just joined Fight Club: UK... Weird. That's terrible. Don't know what I would have done, but maybe I'm big enough that they wouldn't have messed with me. Sorry to hear that man. :-/
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:16 pm

BritSox wrote:
Madison wrote:

Wasn't remotely in fear of my life. It was such a ludicrous situation. I found it funny that they'd dare, initially. It was only when i tried to walk away and they pursued that i got worried. It was only fifty feet from a really busy road. My Dad thinks i should just have smacked the skinny one back, but i didn't think it would do any good escalating it. Called the cops when i got to the nearest shop, and they're coming round later to interview me.

See, this is BS. They hit you in the face? In that case, they should go to jail. I think there should be zero tolerance for unprovoked violence. You hit someone, you go to jail. Simple as that.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:19 pm

This is no way to treat a Cafeholic.

Definitely press charges. Make sure that you meet and talk to their parents during the process.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby BritSox » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:20 pm

Coppermine wrote:
BritSox wrote:
Madison wrote:

See, this is BS. They hit you in the face? In that case, they should go to jail. I think there should be zero tolerance for unprovoked violence. You hit someone, you go to jail. Simple as that.

Well, we don't know what the cops will do. They'll probably get away with it unless they've got a previous record, due to being minors.

As for being big enough, I'm considerably bigger than any one of them alone, though not exactly huge (I'm about 6 ft, 190 pounds).
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk