My minor league dudes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

My minor league dudes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:59 pm

well, I just traded a salary dump(Mussina) for whatever I can get. And it doesn't look like anybody too promising from the stats.

What do you think about Brian Duensing of the Twins Koby Schellenger?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Koby Schellenger » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:12 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:well, I just traded a salary dump(Mussina) for whatever I can get. And it doesn't look like anybody too promising from the stats.

He's a slightly above average prospect. He progressed well through A, A+ and on to AA in his first full season of professional. I believe he has had Tommy John Surgery, but I'm not positive. He has a very good changeup and pretty good control. I believe it's more of a circle change. He also throws two fastballs a curve and of course (being a Twin) a slider. He is a good lefty who should continue to progress nicely. I don't think he'll be much more than a back of the rotation starter, but Minnesota has a knack for developing excellent pitchers. I'd probably put him aobut 9 or 10 on your list.
** http://www.moundtalk.com ** MLB June Mock Draft ongoing.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:17 pm

Koby Schellenger wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:well, I just traded a salary dump(Mussina) for whatever I can get. And it doesn't look like anybody too promising from the stats.

He's a slightly above average prospect. He progressed well through A, A+ and on to AA in his first full season of professional. I believe he has had Tommy John Surgery, but I'm not positive. He has a very good changeup and pretty good control. I believe it's more of a circle change. He also throws two fastballs a curve and of course (being a Twin) a slider. He is a good lefty who should continue to progress nicely. I don't think he'll be much more than a back of the rotation starter, but Minnesota has a knack for developing excellent pitchers. I'd probably put him aobut 9 or 10 on your list.

Thanks, what about the grade? B-?

It doesn't look too bad I guess since nobody wanted Moose's 19 millions contract... ;-D
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Koby Schellenger » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:32 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Koby Schellenger wrote:

Thanks, what about the grade? B-?

It doesn't look too bad I guess since nobody wanted Moose's 19 millions contract... ;-D

Probbably about a C+ or maybe a B-. He's nothing to bank on but his eventual production should be good for your league.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Elbert

Postby nathan050904 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:47 pm

I have no idea where you are getting your information from about him. He is deffinatly a A- to even consider putting him as a C prospect is just stupid. He's one of the top left handed prospects in the game. Infact Baseball America had him as the #2 LHP behind Andrew Miller. Elbert pounds the strike zone with a 91-93 mph fastball with good sinking action. He also throws a hard curveball (or slurve). He uses the same arm speed with his changeup as well. Baseball America- "He was the most impressive lefthander in the league, showing a strong arm and a nasty, heavy fastball."
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Elbert

Postby Koby Schellenger » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:19 pm

nathan050904 wrote:I have no idea where you are getting your information from about him. He is deffinatly a A- to even consider putting him as a C prospect is just stupid. He's one of the top left handed prospects in the game. Infact Baseball America had him as the #2 LHP behind Andrew Miller. Elbert pounds the strike zone with a 91-93 mph fastball with good sinking action. He also throws a hard curveball (or slurve). He uses the same arm speed with his changeup as well. Baseball America- "He was the most impressive lefthander in the league, showing a strong arm and a nasty, heavy fastball."

Nobody rated Elbert as a C. I'm not sure what you're talking about here.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Elbert

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:59 am

Koby Schellenger wrote:
nathan050904 wrote:I have no idea where you are getting your information from about him. He is deffinatly a A- to even consider putting him as a C prospect is just stupid. He's one of the top left handed prospects in the game. Infact Baseball America had him as the #2 LHP behind Andrew Miller. Elbert pounds the strike zone with a 91-93 mph fastball with good sinking action. He also throws a hard curveball (or slurve). He uses the same arm speed with his changeup as well. Baseball America- "He was the most impressive lefthander in the league, showing a strong arm and a nasty, heavy fastball."

Nobody rated Elbert as a C. I'm not sure what you're talking about here.

I think he was reading your comments on Duensing and thought it was towards Elbert.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball