Thinking of joining a money league? Read here. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Thinking of joining a money league? Read here.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thinking of joining a money league? Read here.

Postby Madison » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:26 pm

Quite a few people play in money leagues where there are entry fees and payouts based on a variety of things. A few things to consider when thinking about joining a money league:

Have you read all of the rules? If not, it's in your own best interest to do so. If the commish refuses to give you a full copy of the rules before you join the league and pay your money, that should send off a bell in your head. Make sure you have a copy of the rules and have read them completely, before sending money.

Do you trust the person holding the money? Check and do as much researching as you can before sending someone you don't know, money over the internet. Just a friendly reminder.

Also, please be sure to read this thread about CHEATERS.

Best of luck and have fun! ;-D
Last edited by Madison on Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Madison » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:43 am

Also, please be sure to read this thread about CHEATERS.

;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Re: Thinking of joining a money league? Read here.

Postby amadeusamadeus » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:55 am

There is this Drew Baker guy I am wondering about...He is starting a pay league and he said he has played in them for a couple years with people on this site. Just wondering if I can trust this guy with my money???
amadeusamadeus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 10
Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thinking of joining a money league? Read here.

Postby kingmike74 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:51 pm

Does the guy have any online outlet that might list feedback like eBay or Amazon?

I am starting aleague this year and have people check my great eBay feedback.

Last year I sent 220.00 to someone and did not trust them but after he pointed me to his eBay feedback of 3000+ with no negatives for the past 2 years, it convinced me. He was hones but I finished 5th in the league.
"I can't wait to put the uniform on each day" ~ Bobby Cox
kingmike74
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2729
(Past Year: 28)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Deck

Re: Thinking of joining a money league? Read here.

Postby ChicagoStunt20 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:22 am

That's why I switched to Fanball. With TSN closing and Yahoo and ESPN having poor payouts, Fanball was the best choice for me. No commissioner to trust or leaguesafe fees to bite in the end.
ChicagoStunt20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 25
Joined: 9 Mar 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thinking of joining a money league? Read here.

Postby stembot » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:29 pm

ChicagoStunt20 wrote:That's why I switched to Fanball. With TSN closing and Yahoo and ESPN having poor payouts, Fanball was the best choice for me. No commissioner to trust or leaguesafe fees to bite in the end.


Anything wrong with rtsports? They payout better than fanball and cbs, but seems like starting/joining a full league of 10 over there is not easy due to lack of traffic.

I use rtsports for football but through people I know and not some random public league, which is what I'm trying to do now for baseball.
stembot
T-Ball Trainer


Posts: 2
Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thinking of joining a money league? Read here.

Postby ChicagoStunt20 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:42 pm

stembot wrote:
ChicagoStunt20 wrote:That's why I switched to Fanball. With TSN closing and Yahoo and ESPN having poor payouts, Fanball was the best choice for me. No commissioner to trust or leaguesafe fees to bite in the end.


Anything wrong with rtsports? They payout better than fanball and cbs, but seems like starting/joining a full league of 10 over there is not easy due to lack of traffic.

I use rtsports for football but through people I know and not some random public league, which is what I'm trying to do now for baseball.


I've heard of it but never used it. I like fanball so far. Apparently they have some promo code discounts for the last week before fantasy season starts.
Link: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?p=28521648#post28521648
ChicagoStunt20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 25
Joined: 9 Mar 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thinking of joining a money league? Read here.

Postby BurgerGal » Thu May 06, 2010 2:33 am

ChicagoStunt20 wrote:
stembot wrote:
ChicagoStunt20 wrote:That's why I switched to Fanball. With TSN closing and Yahoo and ESPN having poor payouts, Fanball was the best choice for me. No commissioner to trust or leaguesafe fees to bite in the end.


Anything wrong with rtsports? They payout better than fanball and cbs, but seems like starting/joining a full league of 10 over there is not easy due to lack of traffic.

I use rtsports for football but through people I know and not some random public league, which is what I'm trying to do now for baseball.


I've heard of it but never used it. I like fanball so far. Apparently they have some promo code discounts for the last week before fantasy season starts.
Link: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?p=28521648#post28521648


Or you can also try http://fantasyfactor.com they are running a promo right now (20% deposit bonus). Payout is also great.
BurgerGal
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

User avatar

Posts: 5
Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Thinking of joining a money league? Read here.

Postby deadfish65 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:04 pm

Now that Fanball is going out of business...Where are you all going?
deadfish65
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 252
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thinking of joining a money league? Read here.

Postby aholic24 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:00 am

The best place for money leagues is draftstreet. They have daily and weekly leagues if you like quicker results and more action. I highly suggest everyone to check it out. Quick payouts and the site is growing really fast so they are adding leagues daily. You can play head to head all the way up to a daily league of 50-275 people with small buy-ins but big payouts! Follow the link in my signature and enter the promo code = fantasynut and you'll get a 30% bonus! Let me know what you think.
aholic24
T-Ball Trainer


Posts: 3
Joined: 8 Jul 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Classifieds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact