Go Rutgers!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Go Rutgers!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:50 am

Yoda wrote:Please explain to me now how they are overrated.

They only played two ranked teams all year, and they went 1-1 in those games. Not particularly impressive. Also, their non-conference schedule consisted of the worst team in the Big 10, the second worst team in the ACC, a team from the MAC, Navy, and a team from the I-AA MEAC. Not a very strong schedule. If they were in the SEC they would have finished no higher than 5th in the conference.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:17 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:

They only played two ranked teams all year, and they went 1-1 in those games. Not particularly impressive. Also, their non-conference schedule consisted of the worst team in the Big 10, the second worst team in the ACC, a team from the MAC, Navy, and a team from the I-AA MEAC. Not a very strong schedule. If they were in the SEC they would have finished no higher than 5th in the conference.

They lost one of those games in triple OT on the road against the team that they have never beat.

They definitely had a soft schedule but they won all the games they were supposed to except for maybe against Cincy.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:43 pm

Yeah baby... See you next year when we have a real QB. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby davidmarver » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:15 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:

Wouldn't being 1-1 against ranked teams, and 10-1 against unranked teams show that they should be ranked?

By the way, Rutgers strength of schedule in 2006: 41st. That's higher than Oklahoma's (45th), Wisconsin's (60th), Texas' (44th), or Nebraska's (54th). Go ahead and discredit their 2006, but they have a pretty damn good football team.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:22 pm

By the way Yoda, do you drive an SUV with a Rutgers alumni license plate border? Was on Marron last week near Soup Plantation behind that car and thought maybe it was you.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Yoda » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:26 pm

davidmarver wrote:By the way Yoda, do you drive an SUV with a Rutgers alumni license plate border? Was on Marron last week near Soup Plantation behind that car and thought maybe it was you.

No... I always wear my red Rutgers hoody every weekend though. :-D
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk