Go Rutgers!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Go Rutgers!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:08 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
roninmedia wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:The college OT system dominates that of the NFL. Sour grapes. Rutgers was overrated all year anyway. One big game against Louisville is all they have to hang their hat on. Only team in the country more overrated was Notre Dame.


How can you say that when a team loses 2 games all season, one to a ranked opponent in triple OT?

If they had a remotely good QB who can hit wide open recievers, then their record would be even better.


who did those two teams you guys lost to play? no one. the big east was a sham.


Right. They lost their 3 "big teams" and we see how they did. The Big East is anything but a sham.


well they played no one. i think besides those three teams playing each other, the only top 50 team any of them faced was maryland and they lost that game.


Hmm. West Virginia beat Maryland 45-24. Argument quenched. :-B


my bad. i knew maryland fit into the eqation somewhere. the only top 50 win outside of the big east for those three teams came against maryland. superduper.


shoo fly... go away.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:14 am

Yoda wrote:shoo fly... go away.


Image
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:15 am

roninmedia wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:The college OT system dominates that of the NFL. Sour grapes. Rutgers was overrated all year anyway. One big game against Louisville is all they have to hang their hat on. Only team in the country more overrated was Notre Dame.


How can you say that when a team loses 2 games all season, one to a ranked opponent in triple OT?

If they had a remotely good QB who can hit wide open recievers, then their record would be even better.


who did those two teams you guys lost to play? no one. the big east was a sham.


Right. They lost their 3 "big teams" and we see how they did. The Big East is anything but a sham.


well they played no one. i think besides those three teams playing each other, the only top 50 team any of them faced was maryland and they lost that game.


Hmm. West Virginia beat Maryland 45-24. Argument quenched. :-B


But why let facts get in the way?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:47 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:The college OT system dominates that of the NFL. Sour grapes. Rutgers was overrated all year anyway. One big game against Louisville is all they have to hang their hat on. Only team in the country more overrated was Notre Dame.


How can you say that when a team loses 2 games all season, one to a ranked opponent in triple OT?

If they had a remotely good QB who can hit wide open recievers, then their record would be even better.


who did those two teams you guys lost to play? no one. the big east was a sham.


Right. They lost their 3 "big teams" and we see how they did. The Big East is anything but a sham.


well they played no one. i think besides those three teams playing each other, the only top 50 team any of them faced was maryland and they lost that game.


Besides those 3 teams?? What else do you want to remove from the equation?? Those are 3 top 20 teams that you are just dismissing. :-t :-t :-t
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:50 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Mugrila wrote:I'm obviously not a big fan of the "Big Least" (as it's known around here O:-) ), and I too feel they were slightly overrated this year, but nowhere near as bad as Notre Dame. They get to play Army, Navy, Air Force and march thier way to a BCS bowl. I'm not saying they're a bad team, but they are stealing a deserving team's spot in New Orleans.


michigan, at msu, at usc, penn st, ucla.

cant blame notre dame that historically strong teams they scheduled had down years. and so what they played some cream puff teams, who doesnt?


LOL. I love that argument. Is there really a need to schedule Army, Navy, and Air Force?? Down year or down decade?? I would love for ND to be a powerhouse again but they play a terrible schedule.

And, let's break down your "quality opponents". Michigan was great and ND got smoked at home by them. MSU was terrible and they sqeaked out a win. Penn St. was average, especially for them. UCLA?? Very average with 1 great rivalry win. ND barely beat them at home.
Last edited by Lofunzo on Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:09 am

Lofunzo wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:The college OT system dominates that of the NFL. Sour grapes. Rutgers was overrated all year anyway. One big game against Louisville is all they have to hang their hat on. Only team in the country more overrated was Notre Dame.


How can you say that when a team loses 2 games all season, one to a ranked opponent in triple OT?

If they had a remotely good QB who can hit wide open recievers, then their record would be even better.


who did those two teams you guys lost to play? no one. the big east was a sham.


Right. They lost their 3 "big teams" and we see how they did. The Big East is anything but a sham.


well they played no one. i think besides those three teams playing each other, the only top 50 team any of them faced was maryland and they lost that game.


Besides those 3 teams?? What else do you want to remove from the equation?? Those are 3 top 20 teams that you are just dismissing. :-t :-t :-t


question mark button broken or what? sheesh.

they are 3 top 20 teams, but why, because a bunch of idiotic votes were cast for them? sorry, i need to see them play some other teams from high powered confrences before i drink the kool-aid. who else have they played besides each other? oh i forgot one of them beat maryland, my bad.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:14 am

Lofunzo wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Mugrila wrote:I'm obviously not a big fan of the "Big Least" (as it's known around here O:-) ), and I too feel they were slightly overrated this year, but nowhere near as bad as Notre Dame. They get to play Army, Navy, Air Force and march thier way to a BCS bowl. I'm not saying they're a bad team, but they are stealing a deserving team's spot in New Orleans.


michigan, at msu, at usc, penn st, ucla.

cant blame notre dame that historically strong teams they scheduled had down years. and so what they played some cream puff teams, who doesnt?


LOL. I love that argument. Is there really a need to schedule Army, Navy, and Air Force?? Down year or down decade?? I would love for ND to be a powerhouse again but they play a terrible schedule.

And, let's break down your "quality opponents". Michigan was great and ND got smoked at home by them. MSU was terrible and they sqeaked out a win. Penn St. was average, especially for them. UCLA?? Very average with 1 great rivalry win. ND barely beat them at home.


notre dame schedules the armed forces teams purely out of tradition. since they have no scrub confrence foes, since they have no confrence, they schedule those scrubs. every team in the country scedules scrubs so i'm not sure what the issue is.

again, saying that notre dame doesnt scedule anyone is silly. this one year a few of the powerhouses on their schedule had down years, whatever.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:19 am

To be fair, Notre Dame generally has one of, if not the most difficult schedule in all of Division I, in order to keep their TV deal. However, this year the cards didn't fall that way, and when they did play a big dog, they got spanked. There is no way they deserve a BCS bid, period. Though, as I said earlier, they're the only team in the country more overrated than Rutgers this year. That said, what Yoda said about the program being headed in a great direction is all true, and blue skies look to lie ahead in Jersey. However, this year they simply weren't as good as they were given credit. They had a big win vs Louisville; and beyond that they weren't overly impressive.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 326)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:12 am

bigh0rt wrote:To be fair, Notre Dame generally has one of, if not the most difficult schedule in all of Division I, in order to keep their TV deal. However, this year the cards didn't fall that way, and when they did play a big dog, they got spanked. There is no way they deserve a BCS bid, period. Though, as I said earlier, they're the only team in the country more overrated than Rutgers this year. That said, what Yoda said about the program being headed in a great direction is all true, and blue skies look to lie ahead in Jersey. However, this year they simply weren't as good as they were given credit. They had a big win vs Louisville; and beyond that they weren't overly impressive.


Did you watch much of them this season?? I thought the same things about Rutgers for the first few games until I actually watched them. Say what you want but, if they had a solid QB this season, it's not that far fetched that they could have made it to 1 of the BCS games.

No matter what, any Rutgers fan would have signed for 10-2 before the season. We tend to get spoiled once we see the season unfold but they made great strides this year. Calling them overrated is a bit of a stretch, IMHO. Their 2 losses were in a letdown game against a decent Cincinnatti team and in West Virginia, in a game that they easily could have won.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:41 am

Lofunzo wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:To be fair, Notre Dame generally has one of, if not the most difficult schedule in all of Division I, in order to keep their TV deal. However, this year the cards didn't fall that way, and when they did play a big dog, they got spanked. There is no way they deserve a BCS bid, period. Though, as I said earlier, they're the only team in the country more overrated than Rutgers this year. That said, what Yoda said about the program being headed in a great direction is all true, and blue skies look to lie ahead in Jersey. However, this year they simply weren't as good as they were given credit. They had a big win vs Louisville; and beyond that they weren't overly impressive.


Did you watch much of them this season?? I thought the same things about Rutgers for the first few games until I actually watched them. Say what you want but, if they had a solid QB this season, it's not that far fetched that they could have made it to 1 of the BCS games.

No matter what, any Rutgers fan would have signed for 10-2 before the season. We tend to get spoiled once we see the season unfold but they made great strides this year. Calling them overrated is a bit of a stretch, IMHO. Their 2 losses were in a letdown game against a decent Cincinnatti team and in West Virginia, in a game that they easily could have won.


Thanks Lo.

Their defense was outstanding and their running game was outstanding. Teams knew Rice would get the ball and ground game was 75% of the offense and they still produced, won games.

I do not see how they are overrated given that they finished as the 16th ranked team in the country. They are probably better than the teams ranked behind them. They beat a #3 team in the nation and lost the following game on the road and to a highly ranked team they have not beaten in a decade on the road.

Please explain to me now how they are overrated.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact