Go Rutgers!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Go Rutgers!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:34 pm

ironman wrote:I think if you're a Rutgers fan that you've gotta be pumped for the future of this program. You now have the home-state kids starting to consider going there instead of heading out of New Jersey to play, and a coach that seems committed to the program for the long-term. This could just be the beginning of Rutgers being a legit Big East team from now on.


You hit the nail on the head. This is just the beginning. Schiano has done a tremendous job of recruiting and his FL background will help draw better talent from there as well.

NY/NJ area is the largest TV market with no dominant college football team that I can recall (closest are Boston College, Penn State and Syracuse, etc). It is a gold mine.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:44 pm

Yoda wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:The college OT system dominates that of the NFL. Sour grapes. Rutgers was overrated all year anyway. One big game against Louisville is all they have to hang their hat on. Only team in the country more overrated was Notre Dame.


How can you say that when a team loses 2 games all season, one to a ranked opponent in triple OT?

If they had a remotely good QB who can hit wide open recievers, then their record would be even better.


who did those two teams you guys lost to play? no one. the big east was a sham.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:56 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:The college OT system dominates that of the NFL. Sour grapes. Rutgers was overrated all year anyway. One big game against Louisville is all they have to hang their hat on. Only team in the country more overrated was Notre Dame.


How can you say that when a team loses 2 games all season, one to a ranked opponent in triple OT?

If they had a remotely good QB who can hit wide open recievers, then their record would be even better.


who did those two teams you guys lost to play? no one. the big east was a sham.


Right. They lost their 3 "big teams" and we see how they did. The Big East is anything but a sham.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Mugrila » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:25 pm

I'm obviously not a big fan of the "Big Least" (as it's known around here O:-) ), and I too feel they were slightly overrated this year, but nowhere near as bad as Notre Dame. They get to play Army, Navy, Air Force and march thier way to a BCS bowl. I'm not saying they're a bad team, but they are stealing a deserving team's spot in New Orleans.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Posts: 6597
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:22 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:The college OT system dominates that of the NFL. Sour grapes. Rutgers was overrated all year anyway. One big game against Louisville is all they have to hang their hat on. Only team in the country more overrated was Notre Dame.


How can you say that when a team loses 2 games all season, one to a ranked opponent in triple OT?

If they had a remotely good QB who can hit wide open recievers, then their record would be even better.


who did those two teams you guys lost to play? no one. the big east was a sham.


Right. They lost their 3 "big teams" and we see how they did. The Big East is anything but a sham.


well they played no one. i think besides those three teams playing each other, the only top 50 team any of them faced was maryland and they lost that game.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:27 pm

Mugrila wrote:I'm obviously not a big fan of the "Big Least" (as it's known around here O:-) ), and I too feel they were slightly overrated this year, but nowhere near as bad as Notre Dame. They get to play Army, Navy, Air Force and march thier way to a BCS bowl. I'm not saying they're a bad team, but they are stealing a deserving team's spot in New Orleans.


michigan, at msu, at usc, penn st, ucla.

cant blame notre dame that historically strong teams they scheduled had down years. and so what they played some cream puff teams, who doesnt?
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby Mugrila » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:34 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Mugrila wrote:I'm obviously not a big fan of the "Big Least" (as it's known around here O:-) ), and I too feel they were slightly overrated this year, but nowhere near as bad as Notre Dame. They get to play Army, Navy, Air Force and march thier way to a BCS bowl. I'm not saying they're a bad team, but they are stealing a deserving team's spot in New Orleans.


michigan, at msu, at usc, penn st, ucla.

cant blame notre dame that historically strong teams they scheduled had down years. and so what they played some cream puff teams, who doesnt?


Nope, can't blame them, but you can blame the voters because they were blown out by two of those teams and almost lost to msu and gt.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Posts: 6597
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:49 pm

Mugrila wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Mugrila wrote:I'm obviously not a big fan of the "Big Least" (as it's known around here O:-) ), and I too feel they were slightly overrated this year, but nowhere near as bad as Notre Dame. They get to play Army, Navy, Air Force and march thier way to a BCS bowl. I'm not saying they're a bad team, but they are stealing a deserving team's spot in New Orleans.


michigan, at msu, at usc, penn st, ucla.

cant blame notre dame that historically strong teams they scheduled had down years. and so what they played some cream puff teams, who doesnt?


Nope, can't blame them, but you can blame the voters because they were blown out by two of those teams and almost lost to msu and gt.


well then blame the system that allows all of this mess. i'm sure we're in agreement about all that mess. :-P
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby roninmedia » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:56 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:The college OT system dominates that of the NFL. Sour grapes. Rutgers was overrated all year anyway. One big game against Louisville is all they have to hang their hat on. Only team in the country more overrated was Notre Dame.


How can you say that when a team loses 2 games all season, one to a ranked opponent in triple OT?

If they had a remotely good QB who can hit wide open recievers, then their record would be even better.


who did those two teams you guys lost to play? no one. the big east was a sham.


Right. They lost their 3 "big teams" and we see how they did. The Big East is anything but a sham.


well they played no one. i think besides those three teams playing each other, the only top 50 team any of them faced was maryland and they lost that game.


Hmm. West Virginia beat Maryland 45-24. Argument quenched. :-B
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 1647
Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:26 pm

roninmedia wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:The college OT system dominates that of the NFL. Sour grapes. Rutgers was overrated all year anyway. One big game against Louisville is all they have to hang their hat on. Only team in the country more overrated was Notre Dame.


How can you say that when a team loses 2 games all season, one to a ranked opponent in triple OT?

If they had a remotely good QB who can hit wide open recievers, then their record would be even better.


who did those two teams you guys lost to play? no one. the big east was a sham.


Right. They lost their 3 "big teams" and we see how they did. The Big East is anything but a sham.


well they played no one. i think besides those three teams playing each other, the only top 50 team any of them faced was maryland and they lost that game.


Hmm. West Virginia beat Maryland 45-24. Argument quenched. :-B


my bad. i knew maryland fit into the eqation somewhere. the only top 50 win outside of the big east for those three teams came against maryland. superduper.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact