Losers Already in Line for PS3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Losers Already in Line for PS3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Losers Already in Line for PS3

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:15 pm

More than the story, read the comments. There are some top-notch comments to it!

My personal fav so far...

Hello? Bathing?! Bathroom?? 9 days without "touching yourself"?!?

Does their Soccor Moms drop off Hot Pockets for 'em?

Runner up...
And for the love of god why is there a penguin? I must know!
The penguin is there for religious purposes. And I've already said too much.

Second runner-up...
Forgot to mention when word gets out I'm sure their shoes and whatever else they don't clutch on to while they sleep will be gone by day 3. HOBOS REJOICE! FREE PENGUIN!
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:21 pm

i guess living in mom's basement does have it's perks
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:23 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i guess living in mom's basement does have it's perks

I'll have you know I moved out of there over two months ag... oh... You're talking about those guys.

:-D

Hey Dan... You're heard the song that someone made from those lyrics, right?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:44 pm

9 days? 8-o

Even when I was a HUGE video game nut I wouldn't have done anything like that. 8-o

Then again, I guess people figure PS3's will go for roughly $2,000-$2,500 on Ebay immediately after, so that's more than what quite a few people make for 9 days of "work". Still wouldn't do that though. :-o

Here's another dumb question.........Why are there 4 people "in line" 8-o ? If I was crazy enough to do this, I'd at least camp out in front of a store where I was first in line. All the stores don't already have lines where they are, do they? :-o :-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:00 pm

haha. how awsome would it be if PS3 really sucked? oh that would teach em.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:07 pm

yeah i was planning on camping out the night of with a few friends...they're only $600 and you can instantly sell them on ebay for over $1500...ill wait in line overnight for a minimum return of $900....i just hope people arent there for 2 nights, because im certainly not doing that....

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:09 pm

Madison wrote:Here's another dumb question.........Why are there 4 people "in line" 8-o ? If I was crazy enough to do this, I'd at least camp out in front of a store where I was first in line. All the stores don't already have lines where they are, do they? :-o :-o

I would imagine they are all friends or something. Or maybe not, but still, I'd rather be somewhere with other people if I'm going to be there for nine days. The last video game system I owned was the Super Nintendo. I wouldn't walk across the street for a free PS3 if I wasn't able to sell it.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Yoda » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:12 pm

Screw those people. I got a call from a guy who wants to sell me a Wii for $700. Come on now. They are shipping 4,000,000 units by end of 06.

You have to be a pretty big loser to wait for a video game system for 9 days. That's just ridiculous. Oh, the kicker is that PS3 games will sell for $60 a pop. No thank you.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:12 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:Here's another dumb question.........Why are there 4 people "in line" 8-o ? If I was crazy enough to do this, I'd at least camp out in front of a store where I was first in line. All the stores don't already have lines where they are, do they? :-o :-o

I would imagine they are all friends or something. Or maybe not, but still, I'd rather be somewhere with other people if I'm going to be there for nine days. The last video game system I owned was the Super Nintendo. I wouldn't walk across the street for a free PS3 if I wasn't able to sell it.

but you can sell it, for more than 100 % profit...anyone that isnt willing to do that is either rich or a moron

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:14 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:yeah i was planning on camping out the night of with a few friends...they're only $600 and you can instantly sell them on ebay for over $1500...ill wait in line overnight for a minimum return of $900....i just hope people arent there for 2 nights, because im certainly not doing that....

well good luck. but ive heard because of people who have put them on hold or have preordered, ps3 is going to be insanley hard to get. all the stores around my place are doing lotteries so ill probably jump in a line and hope for the best.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to General Talk