Obviously her faith wasn't strong enough - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Obviously her faith wasn't strong enough

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:32 pm

I have to find it amusing that there's a LAW against it:

"Handling reptiles as part of religious services is illegal in Kentucky. Snake handling is a misdemeanor and punishable by a $50 to $100 fine."

I can hear the cops..."Nobody's speeding or parking in handicapped spots today, want to head over to the church to write some snake handling tickets?" ;-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:09 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:I have to find it amusing that there's a LAW against it:

"Handling reptiles as part of religious services is illegal in Kentucky. Snake handling is a misdemeanor and punishable by a $50 to $100 fine."

I can hear the cops..."Nobody's speeding or parking in handicapped spots today, want to head over to the church to write some snake handling tickets?" ;-D

Only in Kentucky hhaaa.....

oh and sc, nc, ga, tenn, miss, ark, wva, va, ala.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:13 pm

acsguitar wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:I have to find it amusing that there's a LAW against it:

Only in Kentucky hhaaa.....

oh and sc, nc, ga, tenn, miss, ark, wva, va, ala.

Don't forget "Pennsyltucky"
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:25 pm

I had to look it up out of curiosity: Snake-handling is illegal in every state except West Virginia. Things that make you go, "Hmm". ;-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:27 pm

Amazinz wrote:I had to look it up out of curiosity: Snake-handling is illegal in every state except West Virginia. Things that make you go, "Hmm". ;-)

ahhahah thats hilarious...man sometimes I think W.Va gets a raw deal then I hear stuff like that...oh and I also know crazy people from there too...the type of people who "borrow" your car at 4 am in the morning drunk then get pulled for a DUI and don't tell you where your car is until 6 oclock PM the next day
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Amazinz » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:30 pm

Not to get too OT but I lived in WV for a year after I graduated college. It was hardly as bad as the stereotypes make it out to be. But I lived right outside Charleston which is a normal city and I never strayed into the boonies. ;-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:34 pm

Amazinz wrote:Not to get too OT but I lived in WV for a year after I graduated college. It was hardly as bad as the stereotypes make it out to be. But I lived right outside Charleston which is a normal city and I never strayed into the boonies. ;-)

Yeah, WV's rap comes from its rural areas which live up to the hype. I live in a unique spot that's 10 minutes from the MD border, but it's that little piece of Maryland... basically if you drive south from where I live on I-81, you can go through 4 states in less than an hour; PA, MD, WV and VA.

I've been to Wheeling... nothing exciting there
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk