Youth Movement - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Youth Movement

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Youth Movement

Postby oddmanout7 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:06 am

Its a 12 team dynasty league.

I tried to go young because I figured that i would need a few years to tweak this team into shape. Of course when some older guys fell, i couldn't resist taking them. Who should I look to deal? Who should i build around?

C: M. Montero (Ari - C)
1B: N. Johnson (Was - 1B)
2B: T. Iguchi (ChW – 2B)
3B: Er. Chávez (Oak - 3B)
SS: J. Lugo (LAD – 2B,3B,SS)
OF: I. Suzuki (Sea - OF)
OF: J. Damon (NYY - OF)
OF: G. Sheffield (NYY - 1B,OF)
Util: C. Figgins (LAA - 2B,3B,OF)
Util: M. Teahen (KC - 3B)
Bench: C. Crisp (Bos - OF)
Bench: R. Baldelli (TB – OF)
Bench: Bo. Crosby (Oak - SS)
Bench: L. Milledge (NYM – OF)
Bench: C. Duncan (Stl - 1B,OF)
Bench: J. Loney (LAD - 1B)
Bench: D. Pedroia (Bos - 2B,SS)

SP: Jo. Santana (Min - SP)
SP: A. Harang (Cin - SP)
RP: P. Neshek (Min - RP)
RP: J. Salas (TB - RP)
P: J. Hirsh (Hou - SP)
P: T. Gorzelanny (Pit - SP)
P: R. Hill (ChC - SP,RP)
Bench: F. Liriano (Min - SP,RP)
Bench:
Bench:
Bench:
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby prhood » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:46 pm

Well at first glance it looks to me like you need power and more pitching - probably 2-3 good SPs.

Some questions: Where did this lineup finish in the standings? Roto? H2H? categories?

I think you need to upgrade at 1B & 3B - move johnson to DH - and get a HR hitting OF. Sheffield's HR numbers have declined over the last few years and unless he gets traded to some place like Houston, expect only 20-25 HRs in 2007.

You've probably got more spped than you need and I'd be looking to move Figgins. Chavez (always injured it seems), Sheffield, Milledge and Pedroia (pedestrian 2B) are all players that I would try to move.
prhood
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby oddmanout7 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:13 pm

Its a 5x5 league and 4 teams dropped out of the league. We had a 4 team supplemental draft drafting from the FA pool and the 4 abandon teams. I assume the teams were at or near the bottom as there were slim pickings.
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby cubbies1 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:26 am

prhood wrote: Sheffield's HR numbers have declined over the last few years and unless he gets traded to some place like Houston, expect only 20-25 HRs in 2007.

looks like sheffield will be the thome of 2007 everyone is down on him, Sheffield hasnt hit less than 33 hrs when he has over 500 abs ever. If he stays healthy he would again be a lock for atleast 30-100-90-.290
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
cubbies1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby prhood » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:09 am

cubbies1 wrote:looks like sheffield will be the thome of 2007 everyone is down on him, Sheffield hasnt hit less than 33 hrs when he has over 500 abs ever. If he stays healthy he would again be a lock for atleast 30-100-90-.290

Yeah, you are probably right to some extent. If he's healthy it's probably not unrealistic to about 30 HR from Sheffield keeping in mind that it was (1) a wrist injury which does affect a hitter like Shef quite a bit and (2) he'll be 38 in 2007. Not old and he looks to be in great shape so age may not be as much of a factor as it might be for others.
prhood
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Chilltownsdiddy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:20 pm

You should definately move some speed for SP. especially with liriano being out for the year.
Chilltownsdiddy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby boston fan » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:58 am

You definately need some starting pitching. I think your team may have some future impact though.
boston fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:54 pm

i have an idea...why not try make someone pay the farm for johan and a prospect. see if you can get a stud power hitting 1b, 3b, and a starting pitcher like hamels with huge upside and maybe another pitching prospect - hochevar, miller, bailey, or a young gifted pitcher along the lines of hamels, james,

I was thinking maybe cash in on a david wright, laroche, hamels and bailey for johan and a throw in your worst prospect

or miguel cabrera, zimmerman//atkins(?), and 1 high k pitcher and 1 win pitcher (that would not kill your rotation by losing johan). If no one wants him that bad, Duncan is a solid power hitting prospect that could play 1b and of and platoon with sheff :). Those 2 would not be traded from your team if it were me.

I might try to move Teahan for a solid #2 SP behind Santana (maybe move him for a Chuck James upside kind of a pitcher...that will get you wins eat up some innings and keep your team ratios ERA down. Maybe you could steal Halladay away from an owner for Teahan try to sell on the fact that Teahan is a star in the mkaing and Halladay's lack of strikeouts to help your sell. You have no closers at all are you punting saves for next year and try to lock down on your ratios and holds?
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2062)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team