The REAL CAFEATHON BEGINS NOW - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The REAL CAFEATHON BEGINS NOW

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:13 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Well, crap. I was counting on people living up to their word and actually playing their games. But only 9 of the 16 games were played. 7 matchups are yet to be decided.

What I've decided to do:

1. Extend the deadline to Friday at 11:59 pm
2. If it is clear to me that one member is trying harder than the other to play their games, I'll move that person on automatically.
3. If I can't tell, I'll flip a coin. Whoever wins will move on. I don't know what else to do.
4. I'll talk to the administrators and see if I can convince them to let me change your avatar to that of a famous quitter.

I'll send out notices to the following people as soon as I eat dinner:

Idahofan
v.
1337Dude

C'mon, guys, let's finish this up.

I've been trying. I've tried a few days, but I'm not sure what the deal is.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RyanK » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:53 am

Phatferd and I are 1-1... my laptop just died but im home till sunday so im sure we can work something out to finish scrabble
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby RugbyD » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:10 am

a suggestion for round 2: ditch the current bracket and redo it according to compatible schedules. sportsguy and i are never around at the same time and will be lucky to get past the one game we've already played. once all the round 2 advancers are known, everyone that's still in should post something like 'weeknights are better', 'weekends are better', or 'doesn't matter' and then do pairings based on responses, keeping it consistent as much as possible at the half or quadrant level. AA?
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:24 am

RugbyD wrote:a suggestion for round 2: ditch the current bracket and redo it according to compatible schedules. sportsguy and i are never around at the same time and will be lucky to get past the one game we've already played. once all the round 2 advancers are known, everyone that's still in should post something like 'weeknights are better', 'weekends are better', or 'doesn't matter' and then do pairings based on responses, keeping it consistent as much as possible at the half or quadrant level. AA?

Yeah I was also going to suggest it should have been doe based off of time zone. It was hard for me and lucky because by the time he was home from work and ready to go I had to go to bed.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:45 am

The time zone suggestion makes sense. But I would want each of the 8 who are moving on to agree. It only seems fair.

Also, I'll need to know where each person is from. That's about the closest to compatable schedules that I can do, I think.

But only with everyone's approval.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:53 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:The time zone suggestion makes sense. But I would want each of the 8 who are moving on to agree. It only seems fair.

Also, I'll need to know where each person is from. That's about the closest to compatable schedules that I can do, I think.

But only with everyone's approval.

Time zone is fine by me. CST here. Weekday after 8 p.m. or anytime on the weekend is good.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:54 am

I honestly don't care what we do. It's your call AA since it's your tournament. I think everyone will go along with whatever.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby sooner711 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:05 pm

I beat Shmolex in poker then he won in the scrabble tiebreaker...

Shmolex wins 2-1
sooner711
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby luckygehrig » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:31 pm

Timezone works for me. Pacific here. Most any day except for Wednesdays after 4 local time works for me.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:34 pm

If I can ever get my games in or if I make it to the next round, time zone sounds great.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk