Dexter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Dexter

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dexter

Postby mweir145 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Wish he would have stuck with Brian longer, really. The writers have never really explored just how much of a crazy psychopathic serial killer Dexter is/could be (because they need to keep him somewhat sympathetic for audiences) and they're running out of time to do it.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:24 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:anyone see the new preview? dexter goes on to talk about travis' dark passenger saying that unlike his, he can be killed... and it ends with professor punching travis.

And I'd believe Gellar was real if he was punching some other character than Travis, the only guy he's interacted with for 7 seven episodes.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Curtis Pride » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:28 pm

mweir145 wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:anyone see the new preview? dexter goes on to talk about travis' dark passenger saying that unlike his, he can be killed... and it ends with professor punching travis.

And I'd believe Gellar was real if he was punching some other character than Travis, the only guy he's interacted with for 7 seven episodes.

Yes, I saw Brad Pitt punch Edward Norton in Fight Club too.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby bleach168 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

Yes, I saw Brad Pitt punch Edward Norton in Fight Club too.

I loved Fight Club! And I am loving this season. Now I'm going to have to re-watch the first 7 episodes which I'm okay with!
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:41 am

mweir145 wrote:Wish he would have stuck with Brian longer, really. The writers have never really explored just how much of a crazy psychopathic serial killer Dexter is/could be (because they need to keep him somewhat sympathetic for audiences) and they're running out of time to do it.

I'm calling it, he'll be back. There's no way they just bring a huge concept like the Brian back for just one episode.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby j24jags » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:02 pm

Skin Blues wrote:The female victim that was released did say that there were two men that were holding her. Maybe she just heard him talking to the Professor and didn't realize he had a Norman Bates thing going on. I'll go back and watch that bit again tonight.

Yep...I've thought about this a bunch too. I basically decided that her account does not prove my theory wrong. We never saw Gellar in the room with her. She very well could have heard Travis speaking to Gellar or speaking of the Professor. Also, him punching Travis doesn't prove anything. Again, the fact that Gellar is always in public, but nobody ever sees/talks to him, especially considering he was on the cover of the paper at one point.

I do agree Brian will be back at some point. I had thought the show would have to end with Dex being killed or caught, but I do believe he wants to change for the better for Harrison. I have a suspicion the series (which was recently renewed for two more seasons after this one) will simply end with Dexter figuring out how to lose his dark passenger and raise Harrison to be a normal kid. One of the biggest questions for me for the duration of the series has been, Will Deb ever find out? I'm really not sure...
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bleach168 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:17 am

"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby Curtis Pride » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:32 pm

So I guess that settles that question.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby mweir145 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:50 am

Curtis Pride wrote:So I guess that settles that question.

Was never much of a question, that was the problem. I had been waiting for that reveal since episode #2...it was way too long and predictable.

With that out of the way, I hope the last three episodes get good.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:09 am

Interesting twist with Louis' character, though. I'll give them that. There's clearly something more there.

There's also a reason, I'm guessing, that they've been referencing the Ice Truck Killer all season (they did it again in Sunday's episode).
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk