Dexter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Dexter

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dexter

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:26 am

So I just got done watching disc 3 of season 1, just 1 episode left, and I have fallen in love with this show. I mean the premise is so unique, not so much in the vigilantism, but in the character Dexter himself. It brings so many interesting premises up, and possible avenues that the show can go in based on the character that it really blows my mind how unique the show is. I mean so often you can wrap a character into a cliche' archetype, that plenty of shows have done, it's just about who does them best. Dexter though is completely new, and because of that all the episodes bring a uniqueness to them, where you don't feel like here's the obligatory flashback episode or what have you. The idea is so original that how everything is viewed is different than the way other shows would approach things.

My only fear has been it seems like through just season 1 they are unraveling so much of Dexter's character that I feared they may hurt to keep things fresh, but nothing but rave reviews of season 2, so I'm really pumped about it.

I love this show :-D
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:22 pm

Dexter's character evolves quite enjoyably in the 2nd season so don't fear. I think it plays out better in the show than it did in the books. Also, I think season 2 keeps you intrigued to see how he'll continue to progress (or regress? :-D) in the third. It's going to feel like a long wait.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:40 pm

I just finished watching the first two seasons in about 3 days, aka I watched 8 episodes a day. This show is amazing and I hate that I don't have Showtime. I saw this show when it first came out a couple years ago but I didn't have Showtime, but now I finally got around to watching it online.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:44 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:I just finished watching the first two seasons in about 3 days, aka I watched 8 episodes a day. This show is amazing and I hate that I don't have Showtime. I saw this show when it first came out a couple years ago but I didn't have Showtime, but now I finally got around to watching it online.

How'd you get season 2 then? Internet?
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:28 pm

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:I just finished watching the first two seasons in about 3 days, aka I watched 8 episodes a day. This show is amazing and I hate that I don't have Showtime. I saw this show when it first came out a couple years ago but I didn't have Showtime, but now I finally got around to watching it online.

How'd you get season 2 then? Internet?

Yeah I found a site that streams them. :-)
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:55 pm

Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DbacksRback » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:26 pm

Im pumped i watched both seasons online and ill be watching season 3 back at school ;-D ... The whole reason i got into the show i saw Amazinz avatar and was trying to figure out what it was... till someone said something so i checked it out and got hooked :-L

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:05 pm

Man I love me some Dexter, I really need to get Showtime.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:16 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:Man I love me some Dexter, I really need to get Showtime.

Call your cable company. AT&T was coming around offering a cheaper service to switch over and I called up Timewarner and basically demanded that they match AT&T's pricing. So we got HBO/Showtime while saving like $40 a month for a year.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:53 pm

can't wait for season 3. i can't wait until deborah finds out about her brother. it's going to destroy her... :-D
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk