Dexter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Dexter

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:04 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
Amazinz wrote:Maybe it's different on Canada cable but here we have Showtime On Demand which is included free so you can watch the eps of Dexter anytime.

We don't have a Showtime channel in Canada, or at least not on my cable provider. I can't even access Showtime's website if I'm not in the US! 8-o

He's right. I've tried to go on to that site before, and they've given me a message along the lines of "These pages are only intended for access in the United States."

kimchi_chigae wrote:The show is on The Movie Network in Canada and they air the episodes on Mondays at 9pm. TMN also has On Demand, but it was taking about 5 days for them to make it available. Ep. 5 should be in there already, but not 6.

Mondays at 9, eh? I've seen Dexter on a few times on TMN, but I wasn't sure it was on regularly at a specific time each week, so I hadn't really taken the time to follow the show. It was definitely interesting the few times I watched, though. This will give me something to watch as a lead in to Studio 60 on Mondays...good.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:22 pm

I would be floored if the killer turns out to be one of the main characters especially if it turns out to be female.

I don't know though. Didn't Tucci say the killer was a male lozenge eater?
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 50)

Postby Coppermine » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:43 pm

I was a big Six Feet Under fan so I'm curious to see the psycho-killer Michael C. Hall as opposed to the flaming homosexual Michael C. Hall (I feel like I would have a hard time differentiating the two at this point).
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:53 pm

Showtime has picked up a second season of the dark serial killer dramedy Dexter.

"Dexter is a home run for us, both critically and in popularity," raves Showtime Entertainment President Robert Greenblatt. "The show was launched at the height of all the broadcast networks' fall premieres yet instantly became our 1 rated show. People seem fascinated by the moral ambiguity of Dexter, as played by the gifted Michael C. Hall."

If the show is doing as well as they suggest it is, I wish they'd consider the network format as opposed to these 12-episode seasons.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:23 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Showtime has picked up a second season of the dark serial killer dramedy Dexter.

"Dexter is a home run for us, both critically and in popularity," raves Showtime Entertainment President Robert Greenblatt. "The show was launched at the height of all the broadcast networks' fall premieres yet instantly became our 1 rated show. People seem fascinated by the moral ambiguity of Dexter, as played by the gifted Michael C. Hall."

If the show is doing as well as they suggest it is, I wish they'd consider the network format as opposed to these 12-episode seasons.

You have to understand that cable networks like HBO and Showtime push quality over quantity. It's not about advertising dollars, it's about making a quality program and maintaining intelligent viewers through compelling plots, clever dialog and character depth. I used to complain about the same thing, but it really pays off in my opinion in the long run. No matter how much you love Prison Break, cable programs are ten times better.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:37 am

All right. I did a little thinking about this today, and have come up with three things I'm pretty sure of w/r/t The Ice-Truck Killer.

1. It's not anyone we've met so far - including Dexter's split personality.

2. It's someone who has followed Dexter's life for a long time, probably from before the time he's started killing. Family friend, lost-long-family member, something.

3. Whatever happens, I doubt it will involve Dexter and the killer (who is a man, I'm sure) buying some meth, throwing it away, and then giving each other totally-heterosexual backrubs.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:06 am

Dexter can never be wrong. I think his sister will eat him alive when she finds out that Perry isn't the ITK. :-B

Great episode this last one. I had my doubts about that Perry guy until the end, but what is his relationship to the ITK? Was he just trying to take credit for it?

What you guys think about the Doctor? Anybody else got the impression that he is the ITK? And it looks like him and Deb are going to start dating now. Uhhhh. :-o
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:36 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:Dexter can never be wrong. I think his sister will eat him alive when she finds out that Perry isn't the ITK. :-B

Great episode this last one. I had my doubts about that Perry guy until the end, but what is his relationship to the ITK? Was he just trying to take credit for it?

What you guys think about the Doctor? Anybody else got the impression that he is the ITK? And it looks like him and Deb are going to start dating now. Uhhhh. :-o

I got that same impression, yes. And, furthermore, I'm willing to bet that if he is the ITK that he knows what the weird trauma that happened to Dex is.

That was some pretty interesting sentence construction.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:23 am

Not sure what I think about the doctor. It seems like they went out of their way to make him seem like it. Also, wouldn't it be awful convenient that Tuchi ends up in the hospital where the ITK works?

It was a good episode overall but the last 15 minutes really kicked. It's interesting that they can have you cheering for a serial killer. :*)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:03 pm

I didn't enjoy the last one that much.

It was too easy to tell that the ITK wasn't going to be some two-bit taxidermist. Hopefully it ties in to the story somehow because it seems like out of place filler.

The Jeremy thing was excellent however.

Doctor as the ITK? Maybe, but I'm not feeling it.

I wonder if Dexter is going to kill his girl's ex. You know her ex is going to go berserk at some point, but probably not enough to deserve death, but is Dexter going to cross the threshold? Hmmm..
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 50)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk