Dexter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Dexter

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dexter

Postby Amazinz » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:52 am

I see KC sporting the sig and AA mentioned it in another thread so I wonder if we have enough people for discussion. To be honest, when I first saw the promos for this show I thought it looked pretty dumb. My brother told me I needed to check it out so I did and 6 episodes in I am officially hooked.

I want some theories on who the ITK is. (Please, if you have read the novel don't spoil it for those who haven't!) I was sort of leaning towards Laguerta or Rita as my prime suspects. I thought it was Rita looking through the trunk keyhole. After ep. 6 I'm starting to think it might be Dexter's split personality. Of course that would be a major cheat and I hope I am wrong about that.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:05 am

I don't think it's Dexter's split personality. Actually, I don't think it's anyone major that we've met, if indeed we have met the ITK.

But I should mention that the opening credits w/him eating breakfast freaks me out.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:20 am

True, it could turn out to be a character that hasn't been introduced yet (other than as the ITK). One interesting theory I read on another board that fits the bill is Dexter's biological father.

Laguerta is the reason I starting suspecting an established character. Her character acts very odd at times, to the point where it is surprising that someone like this could have gotten promoted to Lieutenant. But if you assume for a moment that she is the ITK some of her actions start to make sense. To me at least. ;-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:11 pm

it looks cool but i dont have Showtime :-t
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Re: Dexter

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:15 pm

Amazinz wrote:I see KC sporting the sig and AA mentioned it in another thread so I wonder if we have enough people for discussion. To be honest, when I first saw the promos for this show I thought it looked pretty dumb. My brother told me I needed to check it out so I did and 6 episodes in I am officially hooked.

I want some theories on who the ITK is. (Please, if you have read the novel don't spoil it for those who haven't!) I was sort of leaning towards Laguerta or Rita as my prime suspects. I thought it was Rita looking through the trunk keyhole. After ep. 6 I'm starting to think it might be Dexter's split personality. Of course that would be a major cheat and I hope I am wrong about that.

If it is somebody that we have met yet, I think it would be his sister Debra.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:15 pm

Amazinz mentioned the ITK being Dexter, that was exactly what I said to my girlfriend after the 3rd episode. It was more of a hunch than anything though.

I almost ruined the whole series the other day. I went a library to see if they had any copies of the book, but instead of searching for the first book, I searched the second one. Unfortunately they had a copy at the library and I went to check it out. Urgh! I started to read it and it did not much sense. No mention of the ITK or anything. After a couple of pages I read something, I'm not telling, which finally made me realize I was reading the wrong book. :-[

Went back to the catalog and of the 127 copies of the book in the city, 93 were out. :-° They only had the book in remote places near where Mook lives and I ain't going that far. :-D

I'm actually a bit behind. I only watched until episode 4 and the 6th was on last night on tv which I didn't want to watch cuz I had missed episode 5. I'll try to catch up this week though. :-)

I’m watching you, mofo!

:-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:19 pm

I just ordered the books online. I plan to read them and then put them in my classroom for the kids.

There are times the show seems too cheesy to me, but for the most part I really like it. Not as much as Weeds, though. When did Showtime become the best channel on TV?
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:20 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:They only had the book in remote places near where Mook lives and I ain't going that far. :-D

I didn't know they had libraries in the igloo communities. 8-o :-D

Maybe it's different on Canada cable but here we have Showtime On Demand which is included free so you can watch the eps of Dexter anytime.

As soon as this season completes I will read the 1st book. Normally I like to read the book first but since I'm already halfway through the show I will stick with it.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Amazinz » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:22 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:I just ordered the books online. I plan to read them and then put them in my classroom for the kids.

There are times the show seems too cheesy to me, but for the most part I really like it. Not as much as Weeds, though. When did Showtime become the best channel on TV?

I don't know but I agree Showtime has been making top-notch shows. Weeds is great and I normally do not like that type of serial drama. Kevin Nealon rocks.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:27 pm

Amazinz wrote:Maybe it's different on Canada cable but here we have Showtime On Demand which is included free so you can watch the eps of Dexter anytime.

We don't have a Showtime channel in Canada, or at least not on my cable provider. I can't even access Showtime's website if I'm not in the US! 8-o

The show is on The Movie Network in Canada and they air the episodes on Mondays at 9pm. TMN also has On Demand, but it was taking about 5 days for them to make it available. Ep. 5 should be in there already, but not 6.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Next

Return to General Talk