The Cafeathon begins.... now! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Cafeathon begins.... now!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Cafeathon begins.... now!

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:40 pm

You will have until 9:45 PM on Monday, November 20th to complete the first round. I am giving you so much time because it will take especially long to finish the first round/sign up/find all the participants.

The rules are simple. You will play one game of chess, one game of Scrabble, and one game of Heads up Texas Hold 'Em. Whichever person wins 2 of the 3 games moves on to the next round. The winner simply posts the results of the game in this very thread (please include which games you've won and which you've lost) and when the first round is completed we'll move on to the Sweet 16.

Next, it is up to the discretion of the players which sites they would like to use to play the three games. However, in the case of a disagreement (or stalemate, given the games) you will need to use the sites I have chosen. I have chosen sites that use Java screens to play and do not have long registration processes.

For Poker: http://www.pokerroom.com
For Chess: http://www.yahoo.com
For Scrabble: http://games.atari.com/playgames/login. ... /lobby.jsp

Now, I will also leave the discretion of the time limits/money limits up to the players. In the event they can not agree, however, here are the limits:

For Poker: 50/100 with 3000 chips.
For Chess: 20 minutes per side.
For Scrabble: - The site doesn't allow time limits but if you find one that does, 20 minutes per side seems like more than enough.

Here is the bracket: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=187309

Or, if you'd prefer, here's the direct link to the bracket: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=187309

I will be sending out notices tomorrow that the tournament has started.

Please note: I am pretty comfortable w/chess and Scrabble and can help with those, but am looking for someone to help me out if there are any questions re: poker. If anyone wants to volunteer, please let me know. And if the poker suggestion above needs to be changed, please send me a pm and we'll talk. Tomorrow (Tuesday) only.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mugrila » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:53 pm

Is PWF supposed to be on there twice?
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby ThatDude » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:13 am

I don't think Pokerroom will work for this.

Along with their recent enforcement of banning all US players from real money play, I'm not sure new players can even sign up there.

Also, there is appearently no option to create a private play-money heads-up table. I'm assuming that everyone playing for real cash wasn't the idea.

I don't have any suggestions for a solution, but I'm pretty sure this site won't work.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:15 am

Not looking forward to poker, but I may have a shot in the other 2. Just checking in I guess, and best of luck to Lucky Gehrig. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:21 am

ThatDude wrote:I don't think Pokerroom will work for this.

Along with their recent enforcement of banning all US players from real money play, I'm not sure new players can even sign up there.

Also, there is appearently no option to create a private play-money heads-up table. I'm assuming that everyone playing for real cash wasn't the idea.

I don't have any suggestions for a solution, but I'm pretty sure this site won't work.

I remember at one point, if you weren't a real money player it kept telling you that play money tables were not available during peak hours, and it was always peak hours. :-t
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby shmolex » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:13 am

I think PWF dropped out too.
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:48 am

shmolex wrote:I think PWF dropped out too.

if you guys need another player I'm going to fill in. But basically I have to win both chess and poker to even have a chance.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:52 am

I pick Pogo to win it all. :-D ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby 1337_Dude » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:01 am

Two questions:

1: Can we use Yahoo's version of Scrabble?

2: Does anyone have a site for us to play heads up?
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Tavish » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:34 am

If you need a fill in I'll give it a go.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Next

Return to General Talk