I can't resist... Ted Haggard - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I can't resist... Ted Haggard

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I can't resist... Ted Haggard

Postby Coppermine » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:10 am

If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pablo975 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:30 am

I just LOVE it when hypocrite scumbags get egg (or other runny white goop) on their face! :*)

I do feel for his family though. It's gonna be a tough holiday season. Imagine the chatter at Granma Haggard's house when the fam gets together....ouch.

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:31 am

This story has really made me laugh in the last day or two..

Ha ha.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Carey Saders » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:26 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:This story has really made me laugh in the last day or two..

Ha ha.

Laugh? You don't at all feel sorry for the guy's poor family?

Glad he got busted, though.
Carey Saders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mugrila » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:35 pm

:-t
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:39 pm

How long until it comes out that he is an alcoholic and this can all be blamed on the fire water?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby Coppermine » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:35 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:How long until it comes out that he is an alcoholic and this can all be blamed on the fire water?

Not long; he admitted to buying the meth but claimed he "didn't take it." Oh geez. First he said he got a massage, and now he's saying something to the effect of "inappropriate behavior."
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:43 pm

Pastors lose a lot of credibility when guys like this do things like this. We're not perfect, we're going to make mistakes, but you can't make big ones like this.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Coppermine » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:44 pm

chadlincoln wrote:Pastors lose a lot of credibility when guys like this do things like this. We're not perfect, we're going to make mistakes, but you can't make big ones like this.

Why can't they just not make condemning homosexuality their platform? Haggard was a super-televangelist who brought up gay marriage and homosexuality as a sin constantly, and that's why he's being considered the hypocrite he is. The Bible says a lot of stuff; it mentions being gay maybe twice... and even then, ambiguously.

No one says anyone should be perfect, but I would be far more forgiving of Haggard if perhaps he bucked the trend and was a little more tolerant. There are many churches that make people feel welcome, regardless of their sexual orientation.

I guess that's how you pack 'em into your megachurch... fire, brimstone and good, old fashioned gay bashing.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:50 pm

Coppermine wrote:Why can't they just not make condemning homosexuality their platform? Haggard was a super-televangelist who brought up gay marriage and homosexuality as a sin constantly, and that's why he's being considered the hypocrite he is. The Bible says a lot of stuff; it mentions being gay maybe twice... and even then, ambiguously.

It's talked about more than twice.

Coppermine wrote:No one says anyone should be perfect, but I would be far more forgiving of Haggard if perhaps he bucked the trend and was a little more tolerant. There are many churches that make people feel welcome, regardless of their sexual orientation.

Nobody is perfect. Not one. Haggard was so outspoken about it, I believe, because he was punishing himself. It was fresh on his mind and maybe in a way he convinced himself that if he preached so boldly against it in his own mind he could forgive himself.

Coppermine wrote:I guess that's how you pack 'em into your megachurch... fire, brimstone and good, old fashioned gay bashing.
If you want to have a decent conversation about this, I'm open to it, but don't knock every Christian church or big church because one guy messed up big time. A little less generalization would be nice.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Next

Return to General Talk