Rockies pickup Kim's option - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rockies pickup Kim's option

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:55 am

PlayingWithFire wrote:dudes, seriously, as a BK owner the past 2 years and until 2010. The dude is not going to go back to RP in Colorado because he sucked at that role his first year there. Could he do better in a second try? Maybe? But they have Fuentes to close and Mesa to setup. They don't need another RP. And RP's contribution to the team is limited. BK has been adequate this year(a defense independent ERA of 4.24 is nothing to sneeze at) if you take out defense and luck. And he's showed signs of brilliance. Why would the Rockies consider putting him back in relief? A starter who gets a 4.70 ERA is more valuable to the Rockies than a RP who gets a 3.70ERA. And BK's ratio improved from last year. It's not hard to picture BK having the below line next year.

9-11 170ip 4.70ERA 1.41WHIP

2.5 millions isn't that expensive now adays for a SP anyway.

Mesa actually had his option declined by the Rockies and is now a FA.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:20 am

Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:dudes, seriously, as a BK owner the past 2 years and until 2010. The dude is not going to go back to RP in Colorado because he sucked at that role his first year there. Could he do better in a second try? Maybe? But they have Fuentes to close and Mesa to setup. They don't need another RP. And RP's contribution to the team is limited. BK has been adequate this year(a defense independent ERA of 4.24 is nothing to sneeze at) if you take out defense and luck. And he's showed signs of brilliance. Why would the Rockies consider putting him back in relief? A starter who gets a 4.70 ERA is more valuable to the Rockies than a RP who gets a 3.70ERA. And BK's ratio improved from last year. It's not hard to picture BK having the below line next year.

9-11 170ip 4.70ERA 1.41WHIP

2.5 millions isn't that expensive now adays for a SP anyway.

Mesa actually had his option declined by the Rockies and is now a FA.

I know that. But Mesa said he want to be back and the Rockies actually want him back at a cheaper price.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:01 am

To FalcoATL

Yeah, BK does see himself as a starter. It has something to do with his Asian (I believe Korean) heritage. In Asia your best 5 pitchers start...

BK is a decent starter too. He's not amazing, but he's sufficient. And sufficient SP are hard to come by these days.
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby FalcoAtL » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:32 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:To FalcoATL

Yeah, BK does see himself as a starter. It has something to do with his Asian (I believe Korean) heritage. In Asia your best 5 pitchers start...

BK is a decent starter too. He's not amazing, but he's sufficient. And sufficient SP are hard to come by these days.

Okay... not sure why this is directed to me. My opinion is that he is better as a RP and that he shouldn't start for that reason. I never asked why he thinks that. I couldn't care less.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:23 am

If BK could just put it all together, he could be really good. As mentioned before, he actually did well at Coors but was bad on the road. I don't think he's a bad 5th starter at all.

Also, I've heard rumors he could be traded, and that's why his option was picked up.

On Mesa, his option was declined but as PWF said, the Rockies want him back for at a smaller price. Not to be the 8th inning guy however, they're looking to pick someone up for that role or use Corpas/Ramirez.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:02 pm

Kim was ok this year IMO

He's streaky he'll put up 4 games in a row of 1-2 run ball 7 IP then he'll do 7ers for a few days.

I think he'll get better..His stuff can be really really really nasty which is more then you can say about alot of people with his ERA
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers