Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:47 am

gfantasy wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
gfantasy wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
I don't really see CD's and DVD's as a very good investment either; I'd say with $700 to BestBuy you'd be better off with a surround sound system, satellite radio, a spare TV (or money toward a big one) or, maybe, a kickass microwave.

ya... I have iTunes and I don't really buy movies anymore since I have Netflix...

I have a surround sound system in our family room for our HDTV and another surround system in our living room for our computer/projector. Satellite radio might be a good idea... We could get a TV for our bedroom but we need something we can hang on the wall and I don't think $700 will get us a very good ones.

I did post it on Craigslist to see what I can get for them... Maybe I should just buy stocks or something with the cash but there is no fun in that.

You could buy this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824234001

Dude do ebay you will get like 650 bucks for it

Good find acs. Does anyone have any experience with Westinghouse TV's?

I use a Westinghouse PC monitor with no issues.

cant see any 'flaws' on the laptop...

I usually trust Neweggs rankings....

there deals are excellent actually if you look on that site some more you'll find some cheaper HD tv's that still get good ratings
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironman » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:27 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
ironman wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Unless there was something that I absolutely needed, I'd most likely go on a CD and DVD buying spree.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I could do some damage in the DVD section, buying up all those sets that I've wanted for various movies and tv shows.

CD's I may have a tougher time. I can't find ones that I want anymore. And the ones I do think of are apparently too indie for Best Buy to carry them, which sucks because where I live we have nothing for an indie store, so I'm stuck with online shopping.

Now if it were $700 for Amoeba Records, then I could certainly spend it all. :-D

I miss Amoeba more than I ever imagined I would when I moved out of the Bay Area.

Yeah I was in Berkeley for a week on business about three years ago. I think we went to Amoeba three different times. We even hit the one in Haight-Ashbury as well. It was the most glorious store I've ever been to. My brain couldn't even comprehend the number of CD's they had that I wanted. Just crazy random stuff that I wouldn't find anywhere else. My credit card bill was pretty ugly after that trip.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:38 pm

I've been reading about the Nintendo DS today and it seems right up my alley; anyone here have one?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk