Best Buy gift cards - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Best Buy gift cards

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:57 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I still think the wine cooler takes away from the wine-display aesthetic of a conventional wine rack, but hey, that's just me :-D

Point taken, but I guess it depends on what you're aiming for. We don't drink a lot of wine (wife hates it), but I do enjoy a glass now and then and like to have some on hand when we have guests. I prefer the cooler over the 'display' for that reason. If your home is more public than mine, maybe a rack of some sort would be more suitable....

Point taken as well; I use wine a lot of time for cooking though and just end up drinking the rest of the bottle with the meal. My girlfriend isn't big on tomato sauce, so I usually make pasta with some sort of a variation on a white wine sauce... as for meats, I usually use red for "pan deglazing." You know what they say, if you don't drink it, don't cook with it.

I realized the other day that I consume an unusual amount of garlic. That's good for you ya know!
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:00 am

Coppermine wrote:I realized the other day that I consume an unusual amount of garlic. That's good for you ya know!

Not so good for the nightcap though. :-P
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:02 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I realized the other day that I consume an unusual amount of garlic. That's good for you ya know!

Well she has to eat the garlic too.

It it weird that garlic smell doesn't bother me, although I find it weird you can't wash the smell off. Apparently you have to rub your hands on steel. Bah.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:06 am

Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

It it weird that garlic smell doesn't bother me, although I find it weird you can't wash the smell off. Apparently you have to rub your hands on steel. Bah.

During High School I worked at Fazoli's for a year or so and, you're right, you can't get that smell off. I worked on a pig-farm for a while too and that smell doesn't wash off either. Honestly, I don't know which is worse.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:17 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

During High School I worked at Fazoli's for a year or so and, you're right, you can't get that smell off. I worked on a pig-farm for a while too and that smell doesn't wash off either. Honestly, I don't know which is worse.

I think i'd take garlic over pig feces.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 1337_Dude » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:03 am

I'd say go with putting the money towards a TV or go with a 360. The Wii could be neat, but unless you have children then it probably wouldn't be nearly as fun as the 360. I mean it won't be getting Guitar Hero 2 and the 360 will have downloadable content for it...that alone makes it the winner in my book.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby gfantasy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:41 am

Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

I think i'd take garlic over pig feces.

Umm. Yea...
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby Yoda » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:36 pm

So... my wife is upset cuz I want to use the gift cards for some video game related stuff... I want to use it for something fun but she has other ideas apparently... I forgot to mention that I did buy Company of Heroes for $50 so I have appx $650 in gift cards... Planning on going tomorrow and checking out stuff to get.

BTW I rec'd an email from someone and I should mention that the credit card I use is Citi Diamond Preferred. We put absolutely everything on the card and pay it off each month. We got up to $700 in gift cards in about 10 months.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:41 pm

Yoda wrote:So... my wife is upset cuz I want to use the gift cards for some video game related stuff... I want to use it for something fun but she has other ideas apparently... I forgot to mention that I did buy Company of Heroes for $50 so I have appx $650 in gift cards... Planning on going tomorrow and checking out stuff to get.

BTW I rec'd an email from someone and I should mention that the credit card I use is Citi Diamond Preferred. We put absolutely everything on the card and pay it off each month. We got up to $700 in gift cards in about 10 months.

Hey will you burn me company of heros!! ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Yoda » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:45 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:So... my wife is upset cuz I want to use the gift cards for some video game related stuff... I want to use it for something fun but she has other ideas apparently... I forgot to mention that I did buy Company of Heroes for $50 so I have appx $650 in gift cards... Planning on going tomorrow and checking out stuff to get.

Hey will you burn me company of heros!! ;-D

Dude the game owns... It's Saving Private Ryan real time strategy game.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk