Where do you see Julio Lugo ending up next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where do you see Julio Lugo ending up next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BritSox » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:00 am

Surfs up wrote:I went to the Tigers forum in the Detroit Free Press yesterday and they were talking about the Tigers signing Lugo. I posted it as a suggustion but seems there is talk about him.I don't see Boston getting him with Pedroia and Lorretta the two middle guys there.

It's extremely unlikely they bring Loretta back. Pedroia if he plays will be the SS, then they'll either go after Lugo or retain Gonzalez.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby thomasps3 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:57 am

Middle infield situation in Boston this year is extremely wide open.

Loretta is a free agent and will not be back. Pedroia is not an every day SS, and in his audition last year at 2b, he was less than impressive. That is the situation going into the FA period and why the Lugo splash will be made relatively early.
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby stumpak » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:49 am

It would not be outlandish to think that he may wind up back with the Dodgers. I think that his poor performance down the stretch left less of a sour taste with management than one would think. He was supposedly hampered for quite a while by the finger injury he sufferred in his last week with the Rays, and the fact that he accepted a reduced role speaks well of his disposition and attitude.

Granted, I do not believe that the Dodgers will let Nomar walk, but if they do, why not plug Lugo in at 2B and flip Kent to 1B? Colletti claimed that he had grander plans for Lugo than a 2 month rental when they gave up Guzman for him.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Philliebuster » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:08 am

gfantasy wrote:I would love to see Lugo on the Mets

Now that Aurilia is a free agent, i'd rather see the Metros sign him to play 2B. Save some money on Lugo, and spend the money elsewhere on pitching and OF. (Zito, Willis, or Manny). Aurilia would be a good 2B fill in for the Mets I think.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Which round?

Postby lssc2004 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:52 pm

I think both RSox and Jays are good fit and have the $ to sign Lugo. Where would you draft him if he joins one of the 2 teams? 9-10th rd? Will he be as valuable as Furcal?
LSSC
lssc2004
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers