Where do you see Julio Lugo ending up next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where do you see Julio Lugo ending up next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:25 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
Surfs up wrote:haven't heard anything about the tigers being buyers this offseason

I was just suggesting that this would be a good move for the Tigers. I didn't read it anywhere.
But in many cases deals come out of nowhere. We don't always hear about every team interested.

I actually heard rumors about the Tigers trading Bonderman in a package for Tejada then moving Guillen to 1B or DH. Seems kinda foolish to me but who knows.
Probably a good move for the Os provided they've got someone ready to step in at SS. Bonderman is going to be good, and pairing him with Mazzone couldn't hurt.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gfantasy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:32 pm

George_Foreman wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
Surfs up wrote:haven't heard anything about the tigers being buyers this offseason

I was just suggesting that this would be a good move for the Tigers. I didn't read it anywhere.
But in many cases deals come out of nowhere. We don't always hear about every team interested.

I actually heard rumors about the Tigers trading Bonderman in a package for Tejada then moving Guillen to 1B or DH. Seems kinda foolish to me but who knows.
Probably a good move for the Os provided they've got someone ready to step in at SS. Bonderman is going to be good, and pairing him with Mazzone couldn't hurt.

That's actually an exciting move for both teams. I also think that they both benefit greatly from the move. Finally, a SMART move for the O's...
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby daullaz » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:43 am

gfantasy wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

That's actually an exciting move for both teams. I also think that they both benefit greatly from the move. Finally, a SMART move for the O's...

Well, there's a companion rumor with the Tejada one that says the O's would trade Bedard to the Rangers for Michael Young. So the O's would be getting Bondy and Young for Tejada and Bedard.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:57 am

daullaz wrote:
gfantasy wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

Well, there's a companion rumor with the Tejada one that says the O's would trade Bedard to the Rangers for Michael Young. So the O's would be getting Bondy and Young for Tejada and Bedard.

Thats interesting because Young is not a good SS and would be regulated to another position on other teams. If I were Tex and was bent on trading Blalock (like they've showed they are), I would move Young to 3B and put Arias play SS to see what he's got. The Phillies would be a good trading partner for Blalock since it appears Ramirez is in fact going to resign with the Cubs. Also, I believe his brother plays in their minor league organization.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:28 am

My guess is Lugo to the Jays. That was rumored many times late in the season. I think the Mets resgin Valentin.

The fun starts soon. :-)
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby decoy562 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:36 am

I could so see Lugo playing second for the Braves...ah, a man can dream, can't I?

:-/
-Go Braves!
decoy562
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thomasps3 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:04 pm

To be perfectly honest, I am having a hard time seeing how Lugo ends up anywhere other than Boston. They almost had a deal in place last offseason, only to have TB pull out at the last moment, and they don't want Youk to have to bat leadoff again.

Additionally, the current thinking is that Coco is much better suited to the 2 hole as he was in CLE where he went 18/18 .295

Curt Schilling has also indicated over the past two months on his morning talk interview on 850am that he's been told the $$ is coming out this year.

My money is on Lugo being a Red Sox, and at least one other mid-major move to the roster as well.
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby mweir145 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:56 pm

This came out a few weeks back in one of the Toronto papers:

The Toronto Globe and Mail spoke with Lugo during the playoffs, and the 30-year-old infielder did express interest in possibly suiting up for the Blue Jays. Playing at Rogers Centre, where Lugo has hit .376 in his career, was one reason Lugo said Toronto was a desirable place to play.

"I heard they really tried to get me at the trade deadline, and I hope they come at me hard," Lugo told the newspaper. "I've always liked [Toronto], and I like playing in that ballpark. I love that place."

I wouldn't be surprised if he's the top FA target for the Jays this year as we move into the off-season. The only problem is, his price might exceed what the Jays want to spend on a 2B/SS. Of course, I'm not even sure what the payroll is next year (it's been rumoured to be anywhere between 80 and 100 M), so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I expect Boston will also make a run at Lugo.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Surfs up » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:58 am

I went to the Tigers forum in the Detroit Free Press yesterday and they were talking about the Tigers signing Lugo. I posted it as a suggustion but seems there is talk about him.I don't see Boston getting him with Pedroia and Lorretta the two middle guys there.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 184)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers