Where do you see Julio Lugo ending up next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where do you see Julio Lugo ending up next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where do you see Julio Lugo ending up next year?

Postby Music2004Man » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:22 pm

If he ends up with the Mets could you see him hitting 2nd behind Reyes, or do you think LoDuca keeps his spot and Lugo hits towards the end of the lineup (reducing his value).
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:25 pm

I think he goes to the Red Sox. If he gets to leadoff then hopefully they'll let him run a little bit.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Music2004Man » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:28 pm

It seems like he could have a lot of value in Boston hitting in front of Big Papi and Manny.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:45 pm

If Lugo ends up with the Mets, my guess is that Lo Duca still bats 2nd and Lugo probably ends up batting 7th. 2nd on the days that Lo Duca sits.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Another Blown Save » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:04 pm

I think he'd be perfect fit for The Jays.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:15 pm

Well, I think it depends on if Julio wants to play 2B or SS. On the Mets he'll be a 2B and on a team like the Red Sox or the Blue Jays he'd play SS. I believe he's already stated that he'd like to be on the Mets since he liked them growing up. He really didn't have a great year this year. But I gotta think that he considers himself a SS still and will sign somewhere to be one. So, I'm guessing Boston or Toronto.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 117)

Postby Kurtangletn » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:19 pm

I think the Jays are the best fit, but I'm not sure what he wants and what the Jays think they want.

The Red Sox have seemed to like him for quite awhile, but as bad as Gonzo is with the bat at times, I think I like Gonzo overall as SS. He saved alot of hits.

That being said, I think Lugo is a hell of alot more dynamic then Youk or Crisp in lead off. He can hit homeruns, and has great speed. I'm not quite sure what the Red Sox plan is as far as lead-off.

Coco IMO doesn't do enough walking and taking pitches for leadoff, and youk's speed is bad.
"This flag dips to no earthly king."
Kurtangletn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:26 pm

Amazinz wrote:If Lugo ends up with the Mets, my guess is that Lo Duca still bats 2nd and Lugo probably ends up batting 7th. 2nd on the days that Lo Duca sits.
Lugo would be a much better #2 hitter than LoDuca, IMO. (Then again, I'd probably say that Lugo was a much better #Anything hitter....)

He'd actually be a pretty good fit with the Mets. If they don't land Sheffield or something crazy like that, I wouldn't be surprised if they signed him. I mean, you know Minaya's gonna land a name on the offensive side, and I don't think they want to go into next year starting Chris Woodward or Jose Valentin. :-P
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:49 pm

I think the Jays will make a huge run at Lugo this offseason. The Jays have seemed to have been enamored with Lugo for quite some time, and they definitely could use the SS and leadoff help. I don't see the Jays being a true contender in the East next year with McDonald at SS.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Old_Style » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:52 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:I think the Jays will make a huge run at Lugo this offseason. The Jays have seemed to have been enamored with Lugo for quite some time, and they definitely could use the SS and leadoff help. I don't see the Jays being a true contender in the East next year with McDonald at SS.

i doubt they'll be contenders with lugo
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers