Worst song ever part ?? Lady Soverign - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Worst song ever part ?? Lady Soverign

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:45 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:haha i can tell, but im not familiar with the original so im not too harsh on it...

How old are you?

Just asking cause I've heard the original like 8 million times on the radio.

Violent Femmes ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:48 pm

im 21 but i dont listen to the radio that much, if at all...im mostly a hip-hop/rap fan though so i guess i have an excuse

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:22 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:im 21 but i dont listen to the radio that much, if at all...im mostly a hip-hop/rap fan though so i guess i have an excuse

I can see you missing out on violent femmes. they are from early 90's
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:35 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:im 21 but i dont listen to the radio that much, if at all...im mostly a hip-hop/rap fan though so i guess i have an excuse

Uh I think that they were around in the early 80s when people listened to them in High School. I did not really dig them that much as I was more into Black Flag and stuff like that then.

Wikipedia puts them in 1983...yikes, that WAS a long time ago...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:45 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Uh I think that they were around in the early 80s when people listened to them in High School. I did not really dig them that much as I was more into Black Flag and stuff like that then.

Wikipedia puts them in 1983...yikes, that WAS a long time ago...

Really 83!! I remember that song being popular in HS and that was like 95
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:48 pm

The debut album went platinum 10 years after its release, the only album ever to achieve platinum status without ever charting in the Billboard Top 200.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:55 am

bumped to add this Lady Sovereign story:

This is from the rapper Slug, who's been in a number of projects, but is probably most well-known as being half of Atmosphere. Anyway:

so i'm at the mtvu woodie awards a few weeks ago with ant and murs.
we were asked to come present an award.
never done no stuff like that, so we went to make the best out of it.
first let me say that it was a great time.
got to see beck, tv on the radio, and some others perform.
sat at a table right next to ghostface.
met the singer from gogol bardello.
nonetheless, sitting at a table on the other side of us was lady sov.
now i know i'm not supposed to diss her because we share a publicist, but i guess as long as i don't s**t on her in newsweek, everything should be ok.

lady sov lights a cigg. there is no smoking indoors in ny, so security comes to her table and tells her to put it out.
she does, waits until security leaves, begins to throw a tantrum, and then throws a full drink at the crowd in front of her. she is seated in v.i.p. so she basically throws her drink at another table of vips. totally wets a bunch of people that are minding their own.
then she gets up with her squad of wanker thugs, and starts bumping her way through tables to leave. making a huge scene. as she passes a waitress who had a tray full of drinks to deliver to random tables, she snatches two of the drinks off of the tray, and bumps the waitress hard enough to make her spill the rest of the tray on a diff table of guests.

i wanted to punch her in her throat.

Thought some of you might get a kick out of this.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:00 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:bumped to add this Lady Sovereign story:

This is from the rapper Slug, who's been in a number of projects, but is probably most well-known as being half of Atmosphere. Anyway:

so i'm at the mtvu woodie awards a few weeks ago with ant and murs.
we were asked to come present an award.
never done no stuff like that, so we went to make the best out of it.
first let me say that it was a great time.
got to see beck, tv on the radio, and some others perform.
sat at a table right next to ghostface.
met the singer from gogol bardello.
nonetheless, sitting at a table on the other side of us was lady sov.
now i know i'm not supposed to diss her because we share a publicist, but i guess as long as i don't s**t on her in newsweek, everything should be ok.

lady sov lights a cigg. there is no smoking indoors in ny, so security comes to her table and tells her to put it out.
she does, waits until security leaves, begins to throw a tantrum, and then throws a full drink at the crowd in front of her. she is seated in v.i.p. so she basically throws her drink at another table of vips. totally wets a bunch of people that are minding their own.
then she gets up with her squad of wanker thugs, and starts bumping her way through tables to leave. making a huge scene. as she passes a waitress who had a tray full of drinks to deliver to random tables, she snatches two of the drinks off of the tray, and bumps the waitress hard enough to make her spill the rest of the tray on a diff table of guests.

i wanted to punch her in her throat.

Thought some of you might get a kick out of this.

hahah thats funny....Maybee someone will put her out of her misery...they put dogs to sleep right
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:30 pm

First of all, Lady Sovereign has no clue what sovereign means; maybe she should go to college and take some civics classes.

Second of all, "Blister in the Sun" was released in 1982, but had a huge resurgence in the 90's when I was in high school. I'm not sure why, but it definitely doesn't sound like an 80's song. I think they got together and toured in the 90's and that's why it caught on with some people in my school, but seemed to be a lot of goth people that were into them. Back when wearing black nail polish was truly weird and Coal Chamber shirts were all the rage.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:34 pm

Coppermine wrote:First of all, Lady Sovereign has no clue what sovereign means; maybe she should go to college and take some civics classes.

Second of all, "Blister in the Sun" was released in 1982, but had a huge resurgence in the 90's when I was in high school. I'm not sure why, but it definitely doesn't sound like an 80's song. I think they got together and toured in the 90's and that's why it caught on with some people in my school, but seemed to be a lot of goth people that were into them. Back when wearing black nail polish was truly weird and Coal Chamber shirts were all the rage.

I think the greatest hits album for Violent Femmes is the only album ever to go platinum without spending any time on the billboard charts
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk