Andrew McCutchen vs. Billy Butler vs. Cameron Maybin - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Andrew McCutchen vs. Billy Butler vs. Cameron Maybin

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best OF Prospect

Cameron Maybin
45%
Billy Butler
48%
Andrew McCutchen
2%
Other
5%

Total votes : 42

Postby sockeye » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:04 am

Speaking of advice, Koby, please try to take this constructively.

I have your site bookmarked, and use it along with about 6 others. If you are doing this for other people, then I would say...... I think I am in that demographic you are probably trying to reach.

Your posts in here are really helpful. However, there is sometimes a tone detracts from the overall enjoyment / appreciation of your contributions.

You have some good contributions to make here.......a little less stridency would make a lot more people tune into them.

Thanks, and keep that good info coming. I have Pie in a keeper league, and appreciated you insights in the other thread.

Koby Schellenger wrote:
shortsavage wrote:
Koby Schellenger wrote:
shortsavage wrote:No, not completely box score based. I also try to read up on players as much as I can. I'm just begining to attempt to talk with players and scouts.

Do you go to games outside of the your area? Stalker or Juggs? How many minor league games do you get out to a year? Is FIC a side gig for you...I see you graduated a few years ago from Wisconsin?

You should really try to go see the guys. You can learn much more about them and their tools if you watch them and see them develop.

Ha, that's kind of an unnecessary jab dude ;-).

It's not a jab at all. You offered your views on Felix Pie's tools without seeing him play. I was just trying to offer advice. It's pretty difficult to know how a guy plays defense or runs the bases or what pitches he can handle and which pitches he can't without seeing the player play.
Last edited by sockeye on Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
sockeye
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby greenandgold » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:11 pm

Do you guys think that Maybin and McCutchen (also Bruce) will be able to hold down a CF spot when they reach the majors or will they be pushed to one of the corner spots?
greenandgold
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Koby Schellenger » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:39 pm

Sockeye,
I'm sorry if I've been condescending. I was trying to figure out how he was evaluating talent.

Also, I hope you enjoy my writing and find it helpful.
** http://www.moundtalk.com ** MLB June Mock Draft ongoing.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Koby Schellenger » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:49 pm

greenandgold wrote:Do you guys think that Maybin and McCutchen (also Bruce) will be able to hold down a CF spot when they reach the majors or will they be pushed to one of the corner spots?

I would imagine Maybin will be able to handle CF. His arm is mediocre but he's certainly not like Juan Pierre. His range is very good he just needs time to learn more and develop better reactions and lines to batted balls.

McCutchen will be able to hold down the CF spot in Pittsburgh for two reasons. First, they don't have anyone else. Second, he's a good to very good defensive OF. He has range and a decent arm (much like Maybin) and has shown significant improvement over the last 18 months.

Bruce on the other hand doesn't have the range but certainly has the arm. I think he'll get moved to right field because of that. Cincinatti also has the most other options at CF of the three which leads me to believe Bruce will get moved to better utilize his arm and protect him from his smaller range.
** http://www.moundtalk.com ** MLB June Mock Draft ongoing.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sockeye » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:57 am

Koby Schellenger wrote:Sockeye,
I'm sorry if I've been condescending. I was trying to figure out how he was evaluating talent.

Also, I hope you enjoy my writing and find it helpful.

Koby, a classy response. I edited my post to make it a little less abrasive. Welcome to the Cafe, and please keep the rest of us armchair scouts informed of what you find out there on the diamonds.
sockeye
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball