How HD changes your TV viewing habits - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

How HD changes your TV viewing habits

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How HD changes your TV viewing habits

Postby slomo007 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:35 am

So I now have HD channels, and have to say that I never watch the regular stations anymore. I will flip through the HD stations, and if there is nothing on I want to watch then I usually put in a movie or go through the guide to determine when something good is coming on (the HD stations). The channels I have are all of the local channels (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX), in addition to ESPN, Discovery, TNT, and a few others. Once you get used to watching HD, you absolutely dread going back to standard cable channels. Has anyone else noticed this too? It's time for the "rest" of the channels to get their acts together and offer HD channels.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How HD changes your TV viewing habits

Postby Phatferd » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:40 am

slomo007 wrote:So I now have HD channels, and have to say that I never watch the regular stations anymore. I will flip through the HD stations, and if there is nothing on I want to watch then I usually put in a movie or go through the guide to determine when something good is coming on (the HD stations). The channels I have are all of the local channels (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX), in addition to ESPN, Discovery, TNT, and a few others. Once you get used to watching HD, you absolutely dread going back to standard cable channels. Has anyone else noticed this too? It's time for the "rest" of the channels to get their acts together and offer HD channels.

It's not as simple as the other channels offering HD. It's all political. There are laws that make it hard for cable companies to offer every channel in HD. It will be a while before all channels are in HD.

If you only watch HD channels, I suggest going over to Dish Networks. They have the most channels to offer on HD, including ESPN2.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:43 am

slomo007 wrote:So I now have HD channels, and have to say that I never watch the regular stations anymore. I will flip through the HD stations, and if there is nothing on I want to watch then I usually put in a movie or go through the guide to determine when something good is coming on (the HD stations). The channels I have are all of the local channels (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX), in addition to ESPN, Discovery, TNT, and a few others. Once you get used to watching HD, you absolutely dread going back to standard cable channels. Has anyone else noticed this too? It's time for the "rest" of the channels to get their acts together and offer HD channels.

I am the same way. I love watching movies in HD... get HBO if you can and record movies. We also have a HD Movies network which shows a lot of great classic movies.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:52 am

I don't have an hd set :~(

I just ordered digital cable though ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby slomo007 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:23 pm

Phatferd wrote:

It's not as simple as the other channels offering HD. It's all political. There are laws that make it hard for cable companies to offer every channel in HD. It will be a while before all channels are in HD.

If you only watch HD channels, I suggest going over to Dish Networks. They have the most channels to offer on HD, including ESPN2.

Wow, you're right about Dish Network. I may have to check them out. 25 HD channels, plus the usual standard cable channels (which I don't care about, btw) for just $29.99 per month for the first 10 months, $49.99 thereafter. Not too bad actually, especially considering I hate my local cable company with a passion.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Pablo975 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:18 pm

Yeah, I watch my HD channels before anything else. In our market, the Fox affiliate isn't in HD on our cable system due to $$$ differences. Sucks for NFL watching and 24.

At least I get ABC, CBS, ESPN, & NBC in HD though!

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:05 pm

acsguitar wrote:I don't have an hd set :~(

I just ordered digital cable though ;-D

loser ;-7

i hear ya though...while we were on vacation i had to DVR all my shows in regualr so my DVR didnt fill up.

i really hate when they have NFL games in non-HD
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Return to General Talk