qqqqqqqqqqqqq - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

qqqqqqqqqqqqq

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:15 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:No offense, DaQ, but I think I'd much rather have your roommate as a roommate than have you as one.

a-freakin-men.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:30 pm

All right, DaQ, I think I have the solution for you.

If your roommate does something kind of rude: ignore him.

If your roommate does something weird and anti-social: ignore him.

If your roommate turns into a Yankee fan: move out.

If your roommate does something crazy and scary: move out.

In any case: It's not a big deal.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RyanK » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:35 pm

DaQ wrote:...Unless he's looking for a fight. He never appears angry so I don't see that being the case. If he did though, it would be like suicide on his part...he is two inches taller and prob. weights 30-40 pounds more, but has ZERO muscle while I am conditioned and have a very athletic build (solid muscle). It would be bad news for him. }:-)

Jeff.. you talk like your ogod adn that no one can hurt you and that your som uch better than eveyr one else and that everyion has to get along with you... its anoying

welcome to the real world, deal with it anmove on, so what your roomamte doesnt socialize its not your problem.. let him be and stop makng the cafeyour own lttle soap ophra
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:42 pm

RyanK wrote:
DaQ wrote:...Unless he's looking for a fight. He never appears angry so I don't see that being the case. If he did though, it would be like suicide on his part...he is two inches taller and prob. weights 30-40 pounds more, but has ZERO muscle while I am conditioned and have a very athletic build (solid muscle). It would be bad news for him. }:-)

Jeff.. you talk like your ogod adn that no one can hurt you and that your som uch better than eveyr one else and that everyion has to get along with you... its anoying

welcome to the real world, deal with it anmove on, so what your roomamte doesnt socialize its not your problem.. let him be and stop makng the cafeyour own lttle soap ophra

How was happy hour?
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:00 am

Your fascination with the state of being of the door (be it open or shut) is pretty alarming to me. First time I've stumbled upon this thread, and I must say, I sure as hell wouldn't want to live with you, analyzing every move I make, feeling that every move I make is wrong because it's outside of your realm of comfort and what you're used to.

Your roomate's a weird kid. There's tons of them out there. He probably has a completely different upbringing, background, set of views, and everything else from you. Now, the ship has apparently already sailed on you getting to know him, and understanding his differences from yours, and accepting them and making a friendship out of it, but if I were a betting man, I'd say your actions had as much to do with it as his.

Do your thing, let him do his. But when a door being closed is no longer categorized as 'nitpicking' and becomes a major update, the thread has outlived its usefulness.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:20 am

At least use this experience to talk to chicks about...Sometimes you don't have anything to say to a chick at a party..

now you do.

"man my roomate sucks I have staying in my room with that loonie"

"Really I have room at my place if you need to crash"

Then you do her ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:26 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:No offense, DaQ, but I think I'd much rather have your roommate as a roommate than have you as one.

a-freakin-men.

Wow. It's one thing when Omaha and I, or Madison and I agree on something...but me and the Miner? Unheard of.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:31 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
RyanK wrote:

How was happy hour?

Man, I have to have the microbrew beer you downed so that I can get a pint or two of that stuff when I go to the pub for Friday happy hour. ;-D

And DaQ, I'm telling you that the only solution for you is to make your own vlog called "My Roommate is an Axe Murderer". Lonelygirl15 has got nothing on you. :-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby DaQ » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:37 am

RyanK wrote:[quote="DaQ"...Unless he's looking for a fight. He never appears angry so I don't see that being the case. If he did though, it would be like suicide on his part...he is two inches taller and prob. weights 30-40 pounds more, but has ZERO muscle while I am conditioned and have a very athletic build (solid muscle). It would be bad news for him. }:-)

welcome to the real world, deal with it anmove on, so what your roomamte doesnt socialize its not your problem.. let him be and stop makng the cafeyour own lttle soap ophra[/quote]

....................................................................................

When did I say everyone has to get along with me and that I was God?? Tell me Ryan? I'd like you to point this out. I never said I was perfect - everyone has issues, including me. And about the whole "I can take him thing"...first, if anyone here suggested he wants to mess, I'd end up saying this anyway. Also, I probably could. I'm not gonna say "ooo, there's a chance he could kill me", right Ryan?

The only reasons I really post on this lately is because:

1.) When I'm bored
2.) If he did something that's just funny
3.) I gotta let ACS know I did not get eaten :-b

Some other points (regarding others too):

-This all began when I made one post on him. Then everybody started making arguments and such, and I guess I got caught up in it. Also, I've never met anyone as reserved as him (he doesn't talk), and I was caught really off-guard. I simply made this a bigger deal than it needed to be. It was ok at first, but then got built up into something it didn't need to be.

-I admit that I can be overanalytical, but I do not observe my roommate like an anthropologist (I prob can't anyway...I'm not doing real well in the class :-o ). Again, I think I simply got caught up in everyone giving their opinions and such. I do not analyze people like this, as u believe.

-I know he just keeps to himself. Usually these posts come after my friends come up to me and add fuel to the fire (like one of them saying "How can you live with him...it always seems so awkward when he's around and just stares"). I'm not saying they cause any of my posts, but they do seem to reaffirm some of my more reserved thoughts.

-Ryan, you're criticizing me? Aren't you the one that made a post about how u don't like America becoming gay (not that there's anything wrong with that ;-) )? I disagreed with you there, but didn't rip you on it either.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:49 am

DaQ wrote:The only reasons I really post on this lately is because:

1.) When I'm bored
2.) If he did something that's just funny
3.) I gotta let ACS know I did not get eaten :-b

All the more reason to write your own blog then, sunshine. :-D

DaQ wrote:I've never met anyone as reserved as him (he doesn't talk), and I was caught really off-guard. I simply made this a bigger deal than it needed to be. It was ok at first, but then got built up into something it didn't need to be.

-I admit that I can be overanalytical, but I do not observe my roommate like an anthropologist (I prob can't anyway...I'm not doing real well in the class :-o ). Again, I think I simply got caught up in everyone giving their opinions and such. I do not analyze people like this, as u believe.

I think it's natural to be freaked out in a way upon meeting or getting to know a person who is so different from who you're accustomed to coming across. At the same time, you're going to have to get used to it. There are more Jeffs in the world than you think and likewise, you'll meet a lot of people you're not going to like so much or dislike to some extent. I think you're in a good position in college where you don't have to coexist with the Jeffs of the world, but when you get to the workplace and/or when you marry into a family and meet in-laws akin to Jeff at some level, you're going to have to for the sake of a higher good, you could say.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk