100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

qqqqqqqqqqqqq

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:42 pm

acsguitar wrote:
3 run homer wrote:
Old_Style wrote:
ayebatter wrote:I can't believe I just read this whole thread. Look, your roomies gf just might end up witha hot roomie of her own. Maybe she'll bring her round for you to play with :-b . We all know that the ugly girl always has a hot friend. ;-D

i've been a beneficiary of this phenomenon...it is niiiiice

I've had both, at the same time ;-D

Nice! ;-D

"Two chicks at the same time man"
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 1337_Dude » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:41 pm

Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday, and you're not feelin' real well, does anyone ever say to you, 'Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays'?
Coppermine wrote:Image

No. No, man. ****, no, man. I believe you'd get your *** kicked sayin' something like that, man.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:55 pm

1337_Dude wrote:Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday, and you're not feelin' real well, does anyone ever say to you, 'Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays'?
Coppermine wrote:Image

No. No, man. ****, no, man. I believe you'd get your *** kicked sayin' something like that, man.

Nice ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby DaQ » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:11 pm

lol Office Space...good movie.

From now on, I am only posting "updates" where I cannot present a normal explanation for. No more of this "nitpicky" stuff, but things that baffle me.

Without further ado...

I wake up at 8:45 for my 9:30 lecture. After checking my E-Mails, reading the top stories on ESPN and breezing through the Cafe ;-D , I go to the bathroom to u know, take a piss, brush my teeth, put on some nice Axe, etc. :-D I return from the bathroom at 9:15.

That's just background...here coems the interesting part...

My roommate wakes up and sees me return from the bathroom a minute or two before I gotta jet it to my lecture (they actually care if ur late :-t ). I pick up my bag, put on my sweatshirt and check the room briefly before I leave (put on away message, make sure I didn't forget any books). As I turn for the door, my roomie, with his bag, puts his shoes on and walks out the door right in front of me (it's possible he tried to beat me out, but I'm not sure)..................................and then he SHUTS THE DOOR!! 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o

I stood there for about 10 seconds, simply stunned. I then looked at my watch and realized the only way to make it to my lecture on time was to move very, very, quickly, so I forgot about him and made it to the class right before they shut the door.

What do you make of this? :-? I know for a fact my roomie saw me pick up my bag (after tossing my books into it) and put my sweatshirt on. I also know he saw me make the turn towards the door to walk out. Therefore, I cannot find a valid explanation to why he would put his sohes on, grab his bag, leave for class two steps before me and then SHUT THE DOOR.

Go figure. :-?
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:16 pm

DaQ wrote:lol Office Space...good movie.

From now on, I am only posting "updates" where I cannot present a normal explanation for. No more of this "nitpicky" stuff, but things that baffle me.

Without further ado...

I wake up at 8:45 for my 9:30 lecture. After checking my E-Mails, reading the top stories on ESPN and breezing through the Cafe ;-D , I go to the bathroom to u know, take a piss, brush my teeth, put on some nice Axe, etc. :-D I return from the bathroom at 9:15.

My roommate wakes up and sees me return from the bathroom a minute or two before I gotta jet it to my lecture (they actually care if ur late :-t ). I pick up my bag, put on my sweatshirt and check the room briefly before I leave (put on away message, make sure I didn't forget any books). As I turn for the door, my roomie, with his bag, puts his shoes on and walks out the door right in front of me (it's possible he tried to beat me out, but I'm not sure)..................................and then he SHUTS THE DOOR!! 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o

I stood there for about 10 seconds, simply stunned. I then looked at my watch and realized the only way to make it to my lecture on time was to move very, very, quickly, so I forgot about him and made it to the class right before they shut the door.

What do you make of this? :-? I know for a fact my roomie saw me pick up my bag (after tossing my books into it) and put my sweatshirt on. I also know he saw me make the turn towards the door to walk out. Therefore, I cannot find a valid explanation to why he would put his sohes on, grab his bag, leave for class two steps before me and then SHUT THE DOOR.

\

I have a valid explanation: he doesn't like you :-b
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:16 pm

No offense, DaQ, but I think I'd much rather have your roommate as a roommate than have you as one.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:26 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:No offense, DaQ, but I think I'd much rather have your roommate as a roommate than have you as one.

Now I don't agree with that, but DaQ is starting to sound a bit neurotic.

When we go to college, we all envision having a super cool roommate that make intrepid beer pong partners. Unfortunately it rarely, if ever, works out that way.

This reminds me of an episode of Seinfeld; The Masseuse. In it, Jerry is dating a masseuse who refuses to give him a massage. She tells Jerry that she just doesn't like George. When Jerry tells George this, he becomes obsessed with the fact that someone doesn't like him, much to his current girlfriend's chagrin. In fact, at one point, George's girlfriend, after the constant obsessing, gives George and ultimatum, "Her or me. And she doesn't even like you!" George, in his never ending neurosis, chooses her and goes to Jerry's apartment to confront the masseuse to a scene that preceded Jerry and her breaking up because she refused to give a forced massage.

DaQ... you are George. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :-D
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DaQ » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:34 pm

Coppermine wrote:
DaQ wrote:lol Office Space...good movie.

Without further ado...

\

I have a valid explanation: he doesn't like you :-b

I had written here (but took it back), "Even though you will all say 'he doesn't like you', I don't see where that would really alter this event. Even if u hate someone, if they're leaving, u don't shut the door right when they're leaving as well...

...Unless he's looking for a fight. He never appears angry so I don't see that being the case. If he did though, it would be like suicide on his part...he is two inches taller and prob. weights 30-40 pounds more, but has ZERO muscle while I am conditioned and have a very athletic build (solid muscle). It would be bad news for him. }:-)
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DaQ » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:50 pm

Coppermine wrote: DaQ is starting to sound a bit neurotic.

I probably am being a little too neurotic. However, I don't need a super-cool roommate. In fact, I can live with the roommate I have now.

The thing that gets me though is simply how aloof he is to everyone and everything. People here on the floor try to be nice to him and he shuns them. His gf then had IMed me about a month ago saying that she thinks it's the other people's fault that he has no friends, not his (she had asked my roomie about friends he's made prior to this). Based on visual evidence on my part, his gf is clearly wrong. Apparently, my roomie told his gf how he tries to meet people and they ignore him :-? In reality, as I mentioned above, never leaving your room except to go study really late at night, always keeping the door closed and never replying to anyone is not going to get anyone a friend.

He is like no one I've ever met, anywhere - I think that's why I'm so baffled. The only reason I really see it is b/c he's my roommate, so it's magnified. That's really what it comes down to. If he wasn't my roommate and lived down the hall, I guarantee I wouldn't really notice this at all.

The very first day we got here, I went to the dining hall with him and he didn't talk either. (didn't know anyone else at the time, and had already eaten with two hot chicks who waited till the end of the meal to tell me they had bf's [they really did] :-t ) I think it's just a combo of his not liking anyone (he keeps to himself) and the fact he is a very quiet, asocial person.

And BTW, Seinfeld is AWESOME!! I remember that episode too...good stuff. ;-D I see myself as a combo of George (his antics, venting and scheming) and Jerry (sometimes act like him - the way he does on the show), so your assumption that DaQ= George could be correct lol. :-D
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:06 pm

Well, to correct myself then... he doesn't like you AND he's an a-hole.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk