acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Old_Style » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:14 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
Old_Style wrote:i'm starting to despise trick or treating. i've already gotten a handful of older teenage kids. if you're going to go trick or treating at that age, you could at least put forth some effort to wear a costume.

If you don't approve of their costume, just close the door. That's what I'd do. :-b

Or better yet, use candy as a rating system.

If someone comes with something really creative, give them a few extra bars. If some clown teenager shows up in regular clothes, give him a half-eaten Snickers.

i knew this was the place to go for all of my trick or treating woes ;-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fireball Express » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:16 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:I was running out of candy after getting hit by quite a few waves of trick or treaters. I ran out to get more. Now they aren't ringing my doorbell anymore. Looks like I'll be pigging out on Butterfingers and Almond Joys this week.

Do you live close to Don Mills? Some little kid just stuck his tongue out at me after getting one box of smarties. punk 2 year old. :-t

Thank God for Tuborg.

I have no idea where Don Mills' house is. :-)

With the last group of kids there was a parent also dressed up. Am I right when I say that this does not give him the right to have his own personal candy bag and recieve his own personal stash of candy? As soo as you reach puberty you need to give up this trick or treating.

Mook, I'm drinking too (Otter Creek Oktoberfest).
I'm also wearing my Scooby-Doo costume. I actually scared one little girl. Watching her sprint to her father and hug his leg was priceless.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:22 pm

You know what's interesting? Ten years ago, the neighborhood I lived in was teeming with trick-or-treaters, but for the last, oh, seven years I spent Halloween at home, there are no trick-or-treating kids. Not a single soul. I suppose it's because all those trick-or-treating kids were my age and now, we're grown up, have a career, and go to Halloween parties instead of going trick-or-treating. But I just find that worth noting. As a result, I don't stack up on candy. If the rare circumstance comes where a kid comes looking for candy, I'm giving them coughdrops!

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:43 pm

I had a few obnoxious ones too but had a couple of raging strobe lights blasting the front porch which seemed to knock them off their game a bit.

A couple of junior high aged boys said 'That's making us nauseous' and I said 'That's the whole idea' which they found amusing. I should have tried to sell the strobe lights to them. I hope I don't give MrsAcidRock a migraine w/ them...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby RynMan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:54 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Living in Phoenix we also have a bunch of kids that barely speak English. If you can't say "Trick or treat" in coherent English, you get nothing! :-t

LMAO. :-b
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:54 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
Old_Style wrote:i'm starting to despise trick or treating. i've already gotten a handful of older teenage kids. if you're going to go trick or treating at that age, you could at least put forth some effort to wear a costume.

If you don't approve of their costume, just close the door. That's what I'd do. :-b

if you enjoy eggs splattered all over your house, i'd say that's a great idea.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RugbyD » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:55 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:I had a few obnoxious ones too but had a couple of raging strobe lights blasting the front porch which seemed to knock them off their game a bit.

A couple of junior high aged boys said 'That's making us nauseous' and I said 'That's the whole idea' which they found amusing. I should have tried to sell the strobe lights to them. I hope I don't give MrsAcidRock a migraine w/ them...

god forbid you get a teeneage epileptic. that'll show 'emnot to abuse the system!!! :-b
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby DeeBrickashaw » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:37 pm

Guy in my neighborhood said he was going to give out rubbers.
DeeBrickashaw
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:52 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

if you enjoy eggs splattered all over your house, i'd say that's a great idea.

That's fine with me, as long as they don't mind dodging BB Gun bullets.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk