Keeper league trades! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Keeper league trades!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper league trades!

Postby Valman » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:05 pm

Need expert suggestions. 5x5 Keeper, auction league, keep up to 10 players yr to yr. There is NOT any collusion in trading but there are "trading partners". Team in 1st place most of yr (until trading deadline and was not me - so is not sour grapes) was passed by teams that made a high number of trades (all with 3 other teams). e.g got A-Rod, Pierre, Hoffman, etc for $1 keeper players - eg Kendick, Either, etc) How can this be eliminated!!!!!. Team salary is $500 with $575 cap. Should it be lowered? What are some rules within your league to eliminate "friendly" trading? Good draft, good pickups, luck, does not enter into final standing. Second yr in a row this has happened. If you need saves - go to your "buddy".
Valman
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby George_Foreman » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:20 pm

The way to "eliminate" this is not let one guy pick up a ton of really young, talented guys for $1. Sounds like it's a good strategy to me....

But if you just want to punish people who are good at scoring the waiver wire, you could increase the price of keeping players added from waivers during the season. Making it cost $5 or $10 to keep these players will make them less valuable in trades and such.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigken117 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:20 pm

This is why we need a commisioners forum ;-7

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:41 pm

One thing you can do is set two trade dealines. The first being the cutoff for anyone who you want to keep. Then perhaps there's another month and another deadline. You can still trade up to this deadline to make a late run, but players traded between the first and second deadline cannot be kept. It's one way to eliminate late season "salary/keeper" trades.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby wrveres » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:01 pm

George_Foreman wrote:The way to "eliminate" this is not let one guy pick up a ton of really young, talented guys for $1. Sounds like it's a good strategy to me....

thats my favorite strategy ... overbidding on the top stars, then loading up on 1.00 prospects, only to move them for more top stars ..
why would anybody want to do away with this?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Re: Keeper league trades!

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:31 pm

Valman wrote:Need expert suggestions. 5x5 Keeper, auction league, keep up to 10 players yr to yr. There is NOT any collusion in trading but there are "trading partners". Team in 1st place most of yr (until trading deadline and was not me - so is not sour grapes) was passed by teams that made a high number of trades (all with 3 other teams). e.g got A-Rod, Pierre, Hoffman, etc for $1 keeper players - eg Kendick, Either, etc) How can this be eliminated!!!!!. Team salary is $500 with $575 cap. Should it be lowered? What are some rules within your league to eliminate "friendly" trading? Good draft, good pickups, luck, does not enter into final standing. Second yr in a row this has happened. If you need saves - go to your "buddy".

That is just normal trading in auction leagues. Those $1 pickups of Zumaya, Olsen, and other young players that have not broken out just yet can bring stars in trades later in the year. I know in an auction league this year, I traded Mcab straight up for Zumaya just because I was rebuilding and could not keep Mcab this coming year.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mak1277 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:13 am

If I owned a last place (or close to last) team in a keeper league, I'd be furious if I couldn't make trades like this to stock up on young, cheap players.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Return to Baseball Leftovers