2006-2007 Free Agent Watch .. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2006-2007 Free Agent Watch ..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:29 am

Hmm...MLB4U doesn't have the Jays signing anybody in the top 50 this year. :-? Though I don't think they had the Jays signing either of Ryan or Burnett last year, so it shows how much they really know. The Jays do have some money to spend, though it won't be anywhere near last year unless Rogers gives us a significant pay increase, so I doubt their top signing will be Mark Loretta (as MLB4U predicts).

I bet they make some sort of a play for Schmidt, and if that doesn't work, go for 1 or 2 of Lilly/Meche/Padilla/Redman. And if they don't resign Cat, I suspect David Deliucci could be a target of JP's.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:40 am

Half Massed wrote:Seems like a waste of time, all these guys are going to the Cubs.

i know youre kidding around but if the cubs lose aramis it wouldnt suprise me to see the cubs get lee, his numbers in wrigley are sick, and soriano.

the cubs would lose 23 million dollars in contracts between wood and aramis and have been saying they want to bump payroll by 15-20 million.

to me all signs point to soriano ending up in wrigley. theyre going to need a leadoff guy and it's rumored theyd have no problems with sori playing center, which makes sense because his defense is comparable to pierre.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:29 am

Very nice find WR. ;-D It will be interesting to see how some of their projections pan out. I just can't see both New York team passing on Zito and Schmidt though.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:49 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:to me all signs point to soriano ending up in wrigley. theyre going to need a leadoff guy and it's rumored theyd have no problems with sori playing center, which makes sense because his defense is comparable to pierre.
I'd want to see Soriano in CF before I say he is Pierre's defensive equal. Pierre had pretty decent range. The problem is he has a horrible arm.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby BritSox » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:06 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Half Massed wrote:Seems like a waste of time, all these guys are going to the Cubs.

i know youre kidding around but if the cubs lose aramis it wouldnt suprise me to see the cubs get lee, his numbers in wrigley are sick, and soriano.

the cubs would lose 23 million dollars in contracts between wood and aramis and have been saying they want to bump payroll by 15-20 million.

to me all signs point to soriano ending up in wrigley. theyre going to need a leadoff guy and it's rumored theyd have no problems with sori playing center, which makes sense because his defense is comparable to pierre.

The thing is, that means the Cubbies winning the bidding for the top two hitting FA. I'd be surprised if they get both, and if they do, they'll be overpaying something horrible.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby ayebatter » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:48 am

Nice find WR ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1280)

Postby BritSox » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:22 am

There are a couple of big oddities there. If Pettitte ends up on the Red Sox, I'll eat my hat. Sean Casey has 'tremendous power production?'
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Phatferd » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:14 pm

eftda wrote:I hear the Angels are ready to unload some awesome talent for next to nothing.

Hmmmm like what?

I doubt this. Stoneman has always been super tight when it comes to holding onto his prospects. He wouldn't do it for Manny or Soriano or even Crawford, if you want to believe that was an option. I could see him dealing Figgins or someone like Saunders. For who though? The only name I have heard in regards to trades is A. Jones, which doesn't excite me too much.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:14 pm

I am not sure of the validity of the guys predictions, or if he has even done them before with any sort of success. I just found the site to be quite interstesting, and figured it would make for decent conversation ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby BritSox » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:18 pm

wrveres wrote:I am not sure of the validity of the guys predictions, or if he has even done them before with any sort of success. I just found the site to be quite interstesting, and figured it would make for decent conversation ..

I think he's just guessing, using common sense and who needs what. As good a shout as anyone's, though.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers