Jeff Weaver had just a huge playoffs... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeff Weaver had just a huge playoffs...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RAmst23 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:34 pm

I have a hard time not seeing Supp in a Cards uniform next year. Mulder will make the team as long as he takes some small incentive-laden contract. Whether or not Wainwright will be in the rotation is now in question. It has to be.

It will be hard for the Cardinals to contend next year (Though I'm trying not to think about that yet, and just celebrate) with basically two rookie SPs in their rotation. I'd like Wainwright in the bullpen for just one more year, and then throw him out there every 5th day.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:38 pm

RAmst23 wrote:I have a hard time not seeing Supp in a Cards uniform next year. Mulder will make the team as long as he takes some small incentive-laden contract. Whether or not Wainwright will be in the rotation is now in question. It has to be.

It will be hard for the Cardinals to contend next year (Though I'm trying not to think about that yet, and just celebrate) with basically two rookie SPs in their rotation. I'd like Wainwright in the bullpen for just one more year, and then throw him out there every 5th day.

Still, 1 lefty and 4 righties... :-t
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:51 pm

RAmst23 wrote:It will be hard for the Cardinals to contend next year (Though I'm trying not to think about that yet, and just celebrate) with basically two rookie SPs in their rotation. I'd like Wainwright in the bullpen for just one more year, and then throw him out there every 5th day.
Any team with a healthy Pujols and Carpenter will contend. It will just depend on the rest of the team.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:57 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
RAmst23 wrote:I have a hard time not seeing Supp in a Cards uniform next year. Mulder will make the team as long as he takes some small incentive-laden contract. Whether or not Wainwright will be in the rotation is now in question. It has to be.

what's wrong with that?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:12 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

what's wrong with that?

Teams can stack lineups and take advantage of matchups more is all. I like to see at least 2 lefties in a 5 man rotation for variety to take advantage of players that hit 1 or other worse.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby RynMan » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:22 pm

RAmst23 wrote:It will be hard for the Cardinals to contend next year (Though I'm trying not to think about that yet, and just celebrate) with basically two rookie SPs in their rotation.

You mean like the Marlins had? O:-)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:56 pm

Weaver's always been a flake. I remember well from his Tiger days. This goes to show that you never know who could come up huge in the postseason.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby clevername » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:47 pm

from the post game comments from the Weaver's (as a family) and from La Russa, it sounds like Jeff wants to stay in St. Louis. I think he'd be crazy to leave the pitching coach who has saved his career.

I also think Suppan really likes playing in St. Louis.

Mulder has said that the Cardinal fans never got to see the "real" Mark Mulder and he wants to show them...sounds like he'll be back as well.

I think the rotation will be:

Carp
Suppan
Mulder
Weaver
Reyes

and I'd be pretty pleased with that.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby FalcoAtL » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:56 pm

Yeah, Duncan really has done a great job bringing Suppan and Weaver back. Both had a couple good years, but never really pitched the way they are now. Looking forward to seeing what Weaver does next year. Hopefully he can be as dominant as he was in the playoffs.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:08 am

Weaver has sucked all year. Are we sure that wasn't Jared dressed up like Jeff?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers