Cuddyer next year, a fearsome 3-5 with Mauer/Morneau? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cuddyer next year, a fearsome 3-5 with Mauer/Morneau?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cuddyer next year, a fearsome 3-5 with Mauer/Morneau?

Postby Music2004Man » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:33 am

What do you guys think about the middle of the Twins lineup next year? Mauer and Morneau will repeat with solid improvement (if that's possible) as they enter their prime. What about Cuddyer? Does he look like a guy who you think will repeat his solid numbers from last year? Could he even improve slightly? I've noticed that his numbers this year were slightly below his minor league average
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/ ... dyer.shtml. What do you see him doing in the future?

Thanks
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:15 am

Cuddyer strickly as an OF just doesn't excite me. I would much rather see him play 3B and open up the OF. I personally think Kubel is the guy to watch if his knee holds up. I agree Cuddyer will be good and help the Twins cheaply and for years to come. Fantasy wise, Cuddyer is not near as valuable as he was in the previous years because he's entering the 2007 season as only a OF and there are plenty of OF that are better and give you more.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Postby Yoda » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:23 am

He is a late bloomer... I was very high on him when he was in the minors. I think getting bounced around the field and injuries affected him in the past. But when he was given an opportunity, he didn't capitalize either.

I think you are looking at a .280 hitter with moderate power, 20+ HRs for a few years. Should be a solid hitter in that lineup.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby J35J » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:40 am

Yoda wrote:He is a late bloomer... I was very high on him when he was in the minors. I think getting bounced around the field and injuries affected him in the past. But when he was given an opportunity, he didn't capitalize either.

I think you are looking at a .280 hitter with moderate power, 20+ HRs for a few years. Should be a solid hitter in that lineup.

I agree...... Right now I'm thinking something like...

.278 Avg
24 HR
88 Rbi
88 Runs
5 SB

I think those 100+ rbi and runs might be hard to replicate next year but he should put up similar numbers everywhere else.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 361)

Postby Music2004Man » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:40 am

J35J wrote:
Yoda wrote:He is a late bloomer... I was very high on him when he was in the minors. I think getting bounced around the field and injuries affected him in the past. But when he was given an opportunity, he didn't capitalize either.

.278 Avg
24 HR
88 Rbi
88 Runs
5 SB

I think those 100+ rbi and runs might be hard to replicate next year but he should put up similar numbers everywhere else.

Jason

Jason,

Why do you think it will be hard to replicate the run and RBI numbers? Do you think the Twins lineup will be less effective this year than it was last year?

Thanks
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby J35J » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:41 pm

Music2004Man wrote:
J35J wrote:

.278 Avg
24 HR
88 Rbi
88 Runs
5 SB

Jason

Jason,

Why do you think it will be hard to replicate the run and RBI numbers? Do you think the Twins lineup will be less effective this year than it was last year?

Thanks

Yeah slightly. I don't think Cuddyer will hit quite as well for avg. Mauer probably won't be hitting .380 for most the year and Morneau struggled mightly to hit above .250 prior to last year and I don't think I would predict him to hit above .300 again next year. Don't get me wrong I like Mauer and Morneau but they were red hot most all of last year and I don't think they will be quite that hot next year. To go 100-100 (rbi-runs) for a guy who hits what?, 5th in the lineup?, is a tough thing to do, especially in the Twins lineup, IMO.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:04 pm

J35J wrote:
Yeah slightly. I don't think Cuddyer will hit quite as well for avg. Mauer probably won't be hitting .380 for most the year and Morneau struggled mightly to hit above .250 prior to last year and I don't think I would predict him to hit above .300 again next year. Don't get me wrong I like Mauer and Morneau but they were red hot most all of last year and I don't think they will be quite that hot next year. To go 100-100 (rbi-runs) for a guy who hits what?, 5th in the lineup?, is a tough thing to do, especially in the Twins lineup, IMO.

Jason

Cuddyer hit 4th most of the year in the lineup. He was surrounded by Mauer and Morneau in about 100 of his games, and unless the Twins make a high profile signing, I would think he will be right back in that same situation next year. The L-R-L trio of Mauer, Cuddyer, and Morneau worked real well this year, and I expect it to be good again next year.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:36 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
J35J wrote:

Jason

Cuddyer hit 4th most of the year in the lineup. He was surrounded by Mauer and Morneau in about 100 of his games, and unless the Twins make a high profile signing, I would think he will be right back in that same situation next year. The L-R-L trio of Mauer, Cuddyer, and Morneau worked real well this year, and I expect it to be good again next year.

Yeah I just ran across that as well. I'd like to see how the guys in the lineup perform for 1 more year before I say Cuddyer is going to be a 100-100 type of guy. Should be fun to see!

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stumpak » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:38 pm

I agree with Havok - as an OF, Cuddyer will probably give you a typical Jose Guillen, Carl Monroe or Kevin Mench type of year. This is nothing to get too excited about.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cordscords » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:58 pm

I was happy to pick up Cuddyer in a couple leagues after some buzz was created here at the Cafe, but I'm not so high on him next year. Like others have said he is now only OF/1B eligible in Yahoo leagues and I think all of his #'s take a slight dive.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers